am I going to see benefits from 2 stage STAT

Here is the set-up I am going with for my Oil to Gas conversion /Install

Carrier 58CTA090-1-14

Carrier CNPVP3017

Outdoor Carrier - 24ABB330

Where I need help is - with the 2 stage Furnace - will I reap any benefits in installing a 2 Stage thermostat to help with the Cooling ?

Central Jersey - it can get humid enough . "Smart-Evap" from Carrier states it requires Performance Edge or Infinity stat to work.

I have a few years old Honeywell Programable that is working fine and the specs for the furnace state that a 2 stage stat is not required. ( "ComfortFan" ) I know the speeds can be set on the board for the Furnace - so should blow off the 2 stage Thermostat ( Aprilaire #8466 ) and save some dough ???

Thx in advance.

The biggest benefit of 2 stage is long run cycles on gentle, quiet low fire in bitter weather. Can't have that with a timer kicking you up in 1-16 minutes depending upon past cycles. The 8466 is a nice stat and not that pricey.

Just like the other thread...do not see in central jersey you need 40000 BTUH more heating than cooling. Was a load calc. done???

You are asking about a two stage thermostat to control a two stage furnace, but you are putting it with a single speed builder grade AC. You are paying for the fancy stuff on that furnace....but don't want to spend the money on the stat to make it work???
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

yes it will be worth the money you allready went up w/ the two stage now spend the coin to reap the savings/comfort

Thanks 'al

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  7.4 KB
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.