am I going to see benefits from 2 stage STAT

Here is the set-up I am going with for my Oil to Gas conversion /Install

Carrier 58CTA090-1-14

Carrier CNPVP3017

Outdoor Carrier - 24ABB330

Where I need help is - with the 2 stage Furnace - will I reap any benefits in installing a 2 Stage thermostat to help with the Cooling ?

Central Jersey - it can get humid enough . "Smart-Evap" from Carrier states it requires Performance Edge or Infinity stat to work.

I have a few years old Honeywell Programable that is working fine and the specs for the furnace state that a 2 stage stat is not required. ( "ComfortFan" ) I know the speeds can be set on the board for the Furnace - so should blow off the 2 stage Thermostat ( Aprilaire #8466 ) and save some dough ???

Thx in advance.

The biggest benefit of 2 stage is long run cycles on gentle, quiet low fire in bitter weather. Can't have that with a timer kicking you up in 1-16 minutes depending upon past cycles. The 8466 is a nice stat and not that pricey.

Just like the other thread...do not see in central jersey you need 40000 BTUH more heating than cooling. Was a load calc. done???

You are asking about a two stage thermostat to control a two stage furnace, but you are putting it with a single speed builder grade AC. You are paying for the fancy stuff on that furnace....but don't want to spend the money on the stat to make it work???
    It's not the Brand with the fewest repairs-It's all in the install!!! Attention to detail and using the best materials!

yes it will be worth the money you allready went up w/ the two stage now spend the coin to reap the savings/comfort

Thanks 'al

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  7.4 KB
    It's not the Brand with the fewest repairs-It's all in the install!!! Attention to detail and using the best materials!