Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 85

Thread: Work pants

  1. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I think they cancelled it after he got busted with coke
    Ha ha that's funny, you think that guy would be a pro at Cooking meth with all the chemicals he has at his disposal, plus it's the poor mans coke.

    How's everything going? Are you going to be able to work soon?

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,852
    Wouldn't think he'd need anything after inhaling that sh!t all day.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  3. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Wouldn't think he'd need anything after inhaling that sh!t all day.
    I'm sure he was taking it for medicinal purposes lol, that's what every pot smoker says and I find it hilarious, just say you like smoking pot cause I'm not an idiot.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    91
    I wear black Cintas Comfortflex work pants. They have cargo pockets on the side, very very deep pockets, and have been wearing these for a few years and absolutely LOVE them. After a few washes, they are nearly as comfortable as doctor scrub pants. Just call Cintas and talk to them. They have pairs that you can rent for very cheap, if you like them you can buy some. If you don't like them, you're only out a couple bucks. Its worth a try if you don't have any luck with other suggestions.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaHVAC View Post
    I wear black Cintas Comfortflex work pants. They have cargo pockets on the side, very very deep pockets, and have been wearing these for a few years and absolutely LOVE them. After a few washes, they are nearly as comfortable as doctor scrub pants. Just call Cintas and talk to them. They have pairs that you can rent for very cheap, if you like them you can buy some. If you don't like them, you're only out a couple bucks. Its worth a try if you don't have any luck with other suggestions.
    That's neat, you can rent the pants for a few bucks?

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    147
    Rent them, they wash them for you too. It's cheap

  7. #20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,259
    The ones I've bought from wal-mart that are Dickies brand have done well. They are duck material with a hammer loop and carpenters pocket.
    Attachment 364521

  8. #21
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dry as a bone Tucson
    Posts
    4,544
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    The ones I've bought from wal-mart that are Dickies brand have done well. They are duck material with a hammer loop and carpenters pocket.
    Attachment 364521
    I wear these too, I get the black ones. They are tough as nails and last for about 2 years. I am a one man shop and am busy 24/7 365. I am hard on my gear especially pants. I've tried every jean made and they would barely make 5 shifts before the knees are gone. These dickies are the lightest duck material I have found. I work in a hot harsh desert environment and need the lightest heavy duty material possible and these Dickies are it. The Carthart stuff would kill me cause it's so frickin thick.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Energy efficient and economical to operate are not synonyms
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook


  9. #22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,259
    Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    I wear these too, I get the black ones. They are tough as nails and last for about 2 years. I am a one man shop and am busy 24/7 365. I am hard on my gear especially pants. I've tried every jean made and they would barely make 5 shifts before the knees are gone. These dickies are the lightest duck material I have found. I work in a hot harsh desert environment and need the lightest heavy duty material possible and these Dickies are it. The Carthart stuff would kill me cause it's so frickin thick.
    I'm due to get some more. I wore these everyday last summer even though it was about 100* degrees and I had to make repairs in attics.

    I agree that they are tough pants, mine are about 1 1/2-2 years old. I used 4 pair and they got washed after every use. My last 2 have just started to get holes in the knees. I'll move them into after work duty, weekend and hunting, when I get my new ones.

    They have black, dark brown(slightly different pockets, side one is for a phone), light brown, green(I wore these), tan, and blue. You can get them pretty darn cheap as well. I want to say I got mine for about $20 a pair.

    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363269299.422177.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  32.3 KB

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    90
    Another one for Dickies double knee.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Carhartt. Been wearing them for 8yrs now. Have several pair that are 8yrs old and still wear them. You cannot buy a tougher more durable pant. Gonna try some of those fire hose pants, eventually.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,943
    Carhartt jeans here, too.

    Been considering transitioning to a heavier duty cargo pant, though.

    Reason #1. Jeans aren't tax deductible.

    Reason #2. Cargo pocketses.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    78
    +1 for Carhartt and fire hose. Being only maintenance I don't wear through them as fast, but both those seem to last. If you need thinner, the newer fire hose flex style are thinner but still durable; also pockets are real deep.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event