Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 25 of 25

Thread: Rain Gear

  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    4,269
    ordered the carhartt pvc bibs and jacket. they seemed the most durable.

    thanks everyone

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,787

  3. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    ordered the carhartt pvc bibs and jacket. they seemed the most durable.

    thanks everyone
    Let us know how it works for you. I think the bibs are pretty effective.

    I'm still trying to figure out a system of transitioning from out of the rain because all the water on the gear basically soaks your van seat, then if your next job is inside you take off the gear and the seat wants to wet you down. Maybe a hanger system in the back of the van to let the stuff drip dry, course you would have to figure out how to get your stuff off and get into the van in the rain. If you just wad the gear up it can let water get on the inside.

    Anybody figured this out yet?

  4. #17
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    http://www.rei.com/product/238313/ou...attle-sombrero

    Most important piece of rain gear I own.
    I hadn't really thought of that, interesting.

    My jacket hood has a bill but that means you have to square your shoulders to look at something. I'm also thinking about picking up a similar shaped hat for the summer sun.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,228
    Oh and don't forget about water proof spray, most rain wear is treated with a layer of waterproofing that can breakdown or just not be all that great, there are water proof sprays that can be applied after purchase or when the material starts to absorb water. Just google waterproof spray.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,787
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post

    I hadn't really thought of that, interesting.

    My jacket hood has a bill but that means you have to square your shoulders to look at something. I'm also thinking about picking up a similar shaped hat for the summer sun.
    I LOVE it.

    So much so that I have 2. One for hunting and one for work.

    It's a nice "3 season" hat albeit a bit hot in high summer. It's got a nice soft, absorbent liner that soaks up sweat and keeps it out of your eyes.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I LOVE it.

    So much so that I have 2. One for hunting and one for work.

    It's a nice "3 season" hat albeit a bit hot in high summer. It's got a nice soft, absorbent liner that soaks up sweat and keeps it out of your eyes.
    I think I'm sold, I'll look for one that's similar but moisture wicking and ventilated for summer.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,787
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post

    I think I'm sold, I'll look for one that's similar but moisture wicking and ventilated for summer.
    Tilley also makes nice hats...

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    933
    10x10 tent from Walmart best 100 I've spent to stay dry-ez up style
    Still learning opinions welcome.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Duncanville Texas
    Posts
    20
    I go bare assed naked. JK. I go to the thrift store and be rain suits. Usually $5 per set. That or l also carry some 55 gallon trash bags in case of an emergency.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,517
    Quote Originally Posted by 2story View Post
    10x10 tent from Walmart best 100 I've spent to stay dry-ez up style
    Make it easier to change a compressor in a rain or snow storm.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The state of confusion
    Posts
    217
    Big beach umbrellas. use metal clips bolted to the magnets from bluetube UVlights for attaching them to rooftop units, and juat stick it in the ground on residential units.

    Get a VETO closet top tool bag to keep tools dry, and then a simple hat and water resistant spray on your jacket is all you need for the trips to and from shelter.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you can never be sure of their authenticity." ~ George Washington

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event