Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is the only spot it says Trane the data tag?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by robinair View Post
    The brand means nuthin ! the integrity of the installing contractor means everything , if he gave you a Trane when he sold you an American Standard , is that OK ?

Not in my opinion , if i bought a Ford explorer and went to pick it up and they gave me a Lincoln Aviator I would be irritated , especially if they had told me earlier that the Explorer was better .!!!!!!
    Are you thinking of attending " AUTOmotive school" ?
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

The brand means nuthin ! the integrity of the installing contractor means everything , if he gave you a Trane when he sold you an American Standard , is that OK ? Not in my opinion , if i bought a Ford explorer and went to pick it up and they gave me a Lincoln Aviator i would be irritated , especially if they had told me earlier that the Explorer was better .
    The issue is lack of integrity at a basic level , did they pull a vacuum to 400 microns, did they flush with an approved 410 A flushing Agent and then purge with dry nitrogen before pulling a vacuum and checking the integrity of the vacuum with a expensive set of digital guages ? and finally did they confirm the correct size metering device , and adequate airflow before checking the subcooling ? i doubt all of this if they failed to remove the Trane sticker !!!!!!
    If that was the case I would Chosse the Lincoln aviator althought the same things the Lincoln costs more and I could resale it for more. Just had to!!!

As far as Trane vs American standard goes as all have stated same unit just diffrent name plates. Shot I ordered some t-stats last year that were honeywells 803 models but have Trane stamped on them to go along with the systems we install.

To my surprise I open then up to stock and they said American standard. Same thing but I have never done business with American standarded. I sent them back and asked what happened they said wires got crossed and the wrong ones were sent.

No big deal but I didn't want a Trane system installed in a customers home with a stamped t-stat that said American standard because the homeowner whould ask why as would I. Then I would have to go through explaining this exact same thing as they are the same just diffrent name.

To the org. Poster if this is still troubling to you and since the unit has already been installed and if is working propely. You might just want to ask about free 1 year maintance agreement due to the issue and explain why. Just my 2 cents. Things happen, it's how they are addressed that shows homeowners that you care. Some companies will say that is the way it is and nothing more. Others will make it right in some form or fashion to keep you a satisfied customer.

Lets see if we can stir this pot a little more:

There are something like 54 or 55 brands of residential heating and air conditioning equipment... made by 7 parent companies.
    A large majority use the same Copeland Scroll compressor.
    Most of the fan and blower motors come from either Mexico or China.
    A large % of the electronics and gas valves come from China.
    And how much difference could there be in the sheet metal cabinets?

The equipment is not the issue... the installation is. If the contractor is careful with technical issues, the equipment will last a LONG time and provide the best efficiency it can. If it is sloppily installed (read that a Craigs list guy), there will be problems down the road.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

The brand means nuthin ! the integrity of the installing contractor means everything , if he gave you a Trane when he sold you an American Standard , is that OK ? Not in my opinion , if i bought a Ford explorer and went to pick it up and they gave me a Lincoln Aviator i would be irritated , especially if they had told me earlier that the Explorer was better .
    The issue is lack of integrity at a basic level , did they pull a vacuum to 400 microns, did they flush with an approved 410 A flushing Agent and then purge with dry nitrogen before pulling a vacuum and checking the integrity of the vacuum with a expensive set of digital guages ? and finally did they confirm the correct size metering device , and adequate airflow before checking the subcooling ? i doubt all of this if they failed to remove the Trane sticker !!!!!!
    Whoa!!!!!
    Slow down, the sale has been made already! Doubt they're your competition, no need to smear without knowing!

To the op, as already stated "relax", no difference. Have them get you the appropriate sticker and life will go on as planned!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

The equipment is not the issue... the installation is. If the contractor is careful with technical issues, the equipment will last a LONG time and provide the best efficiency it can.

amen to that brother!!
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12