need professional in Pinellas county fl

I have been lurking here and reading for a while. I need to replace a 13 year old Trane and have been with the same Tampa company for a while. I asked about a replacement as it needed a Run cap and charge recently and in talking with owner (not tech), I asked about load calc and was told not needed he was looking at my property on the tax records while talking with me. In reading here I see that's not the answer I need. I want a real professional who will do the testing and duct work inspections and mods if needed and install properly and set up properly. I don't mind paying and not trying to nickel dime a proffesional.

The contractor map here does show me 1 and I will call asap. Any advise from a homeowner who may be a pain in the ass because I do read and ask questions but just don't want to be ripped off or Bulls---ed. One company gave me a phone number and told me to get my own load calc done for a $125 and then I would be educated and I should then call him back or looked for another contractor?

Any advise.

R

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 05-18-2013 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

Abridged Manual J8 takes ~16 minutes

Floor ___ Square Feet
    Wall ___ Square Feet
    Ceiling r-_
    Walls r-_
    ACH .. average, semi-tight, ...

Windows U-value __ SHGC ___

Square Feet
    N
    S
    E
    West

Ducts in conditioned space, garage or attic _
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

mbpe, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here.

Last edited by beenthere; 05-18-2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Non Pro * member, no warning, he just acknowleged