Deal on A/C and Furnace Combo

OK.....things change by the minute here. My A/C was already going and today my furnace motor went. Thinking of replacing both the A/C and furnace rather than put the money into an older furnace (90% efficiency).

Here's their offer:

Everrest/Goodman 14 Seer A/C - $ installed
    Everrest/Goodman 96% dual stage variable furnace installed with A/C - $ (total so $ for both a/c and furnace)

Seemed like a pretty good deal. I was thinking ? but apparently (again, it could be a line) this is a good time of year because things tend to be slower.

Does that price sound reasonable? I'll shop around but would love an opinion as always!
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 03-13-2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Pricing Removed

Deal is relative to the circumstances, no pricing allowed.
    Trying not to be a Hack.

No pricing allowed.

Oh yikes I am SO SORRY folks....I obviously have not looked at the terms of the board. Sorry mod. I swear I didn't realize this.

OK, I"ll have to go it alone here and trust my gut on some things. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fishacura View Post
    OK.....things change by the minute here. My A/C was already going and today my furnace motor went. Thinking of replacing both the A/C and furnace rather than put the money into an older furnace (90% efficiency).

Here's their offer:

Everrest/Goodman 14 Seer A/C - $ installed
    Everrest/Goodman 96% dual stage variable furnace installed with A/C - $ (total so $ for both a/c and furnace)

Seemed like a pretty good deal. I was thinking ? but apparently (again, it could be a line) this is a good time of year because things tend to be slower.

Does that price sound reasonable? I'll shop around but would love an opinion as always!
    Does not appear to be such a deal to me. Maybe if you live in NY city or Chicago.
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 03-13-2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Pricing Removed

This is an excellent time of year to get a good value on furnace/AC replacement!! I'd also ask for the 10 year labor warranty option (or whatever is the longest labor warranty they offer).

wahoo, most people I've spoken to have a 10 year parts/labor built into the price of the unit on the 14 seers (at least the two quotes I have gotten thus far). It wasn't positioned as an "extended warranty" it was state "here's the 14 seer unit and you get a 10 year parts/labor with it".