Buderus 125BE Saga continues.

Another year and still having burner lock-outs. We had quite a long discussion in the below thread...the wrong solution was to pull the extension tube and insert the flame sensor with out it, no blinking green and no lock outs this way. Yes I know I shouldn't be playing with it but after so many call backs I just got disgusted. Check the below thread for some old reading regarding my story...
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/archive/ind.../t-170851.html

So I gave up on the last techs that threw me aside and my original installer although seemingly incompetent is back. The latest he did a service, very minor service and caused an oil leak. He came about 4 days after I contacted him and made it worse now 2 weeks have gone by and he doesn't even return my calls. I don't think the door has been opened for cleaning....

Looking for people with first hand experience with this Burner and have a tech they would recommend. I live in Fitchburg Mass.

Thanks in advance.

I would email this guy.......if he's not in your area, he'll point you in the right direction....
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/member.php?676732-R-Mannino

Certified Tech

That burner should not be sold to or serviced by anyone who is not trained and certified on it.

Go to dealers.buderus.us and search for a certified contractor there. Look for the icon of the G125BE beside their name.

It will run like champ when it's setup correctly.
    Bob Boan

​You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    I would email this guy.......if he's not in your area, he'll point you in the right direction....
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/member.php?676732-R-Mannino

I will do that...

Thanks

He is certified my problem finding a tech is most of the locals who are certified either don't want new customers or don't want to service what they didn't install. Actually getting a quote on having this blue flame removed, and having a Beckett, Carlin or Riello installed....

Quote Originally Posted by bobboan View Post
    That burner should not be sold to or serviced by anyone who is not trained and certified on it.

Go to dealers.buderus.us and search for a certified contractor there. Look for the icon of the G125BE beside their name.

It will run like champ when it's setup correctly.

I'm not in Mass., I'm on Long Island

Quote Originally Posted by neelix View Post
    He is certified my problem finding a tech is most of the locals who are certified either don't want new customers or don't want to service what they didn't install. Actually getting a quote on having this blue flame removed, and having a Beckett, Carlin or Riello installed....
    That will cost you a lot more in the long run. The blue flame burner burns so clean that there's virtually no soot build up. That translates to a much greater actual operating efficiency and less maintenance cost. 1/16th of an inch of soot causes about 18% drop in actual efficiency.

Buderus' training trailer has a live fired one on it that has been taken apart, put back together, taken out of adjustment, put back into adjustment and fired by hundreds, maybe thousands of tech's. It still has the original nozzle and has never been cleaned. That's after four years of bouncing around in a trailer from state to state.

Why get rid of a great product because of incompetent tech's? Keep the burner and find a good tech. The ones that you have must not have retained much from training. Call Buderus or the local rep and ask for a reference. Search the contractor locator here and if you find a local, ask if he's certified and confident working on it. You can also try asking on heatinghelp.com . There are alot of Buderus guys from MA on there.

If you really don't want the burner, give it to me. I'll pay the shipping.
    Bob Boan

Some good news here. A forum member hooked me up with his Tech I must say he was really impressive. The flame sensor appears to be acquiring its single much better now. No lock out and it only blinked once on numerous test fires. Oil pressure had been set way to high the oil leak was just the feed line not tightened properly. It was nice to see instruments used for a change. The best part is he agreed to service it in the future even though I am way out of his normal service area. Not bad at 89.3 efficiency I'll take it.....

Great news!

Thanks for letting us know.
    Bob Boan