Lurking for a while, figured to get a post in. NEED HELP

Hello All,

I have been using this site for some time now and have found it quite informative. I have been in the business for about 15 years. 8 in the field, 2 in sales, and 4 years now working for a small OEM. I have a question on TXV mainly that I cannot wrap my head around. Where is the best place to post this?

I have a 10 ton Copeland scroll compressor, engineers speced 2 6 ton TXV's on the system. The condenser air is controlled by a VFD maintaining 115 F. supply inlet is 70, and I am getting 20 degrees off my evap. My problem is I have normal subcooling, but compressor is sweating, and I have no superheat. temp coming back to compressor is 39 F and I am getting 39.5 line temp. Amps are higher than average.

I have tried adjusting the TXV with no success. Question would be is it stuck? or do I need to go with 2 5 ton TXV's, and why. So I can present my answer to the engineers.

Thanks in advance for the help.

What are your indoor temps?
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

unit is in our warehouse being tested. temp is around 70 F

coming off the evap around 50

20 deg split sounds good to me.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

It sounds like the txvs are not responding. Is there a possibility that during install they got too hot and are now stuck?

Are there other units that utilize the same design that do not have this problem?

Since you work for the manufacturer, is the ref. charge specified by the engineers, then weighed in?

Unless you're using this compressor to feed 2 different coils, what exactly is the logic behind 2 txvs? (I've never seen a setup like that except on a 120 ton O6L with 6 evap coils; all of which having their own txv.)

What happens if you take some of the ref. out of the circuit?

What happens if you run the cond. fans at 60Hz and run it like John Doe's residential unit?

A pressure drop across the distributor?