Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Have you ever used the BluVac at colder than it says?
    Be willing to bet thats as cold as he could test to in his Florida Lab LOL
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post

Then 10 degrees? I don't think so. I bet its been pretty damn close but I sure as hell didnt have lithium batteries in it.

I don't want to work where it's -4 anyway lol.

I had it on a system at 5° one time. The LCD display was a bit sluggish, but it worked fine. More than I could say for my Thermal Engineering in cold weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Then 10 degrees? I don't think so. I bet its been pretty damn close but I sure as hell didnt have lithium batteries in it.

I don't want to work where it's -4 anyway lol.
    Had mine one day where it was cold enough that I didn't care to even look how cold it was so I hear ya lol

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    I had it on a system at 5° one time. The LCD display was a bit sluggish, but it worked fine. More than I could say for my Thermal Engineering in cold weather.
    Do you have one that slows the update of the screen below a certain temp?

Had mine one day where it was cold enough that I didn't care to even look how cold it was so I hear ya lol

Do you have one that slows the update of the screen below a certain temp?
    I don't know for sure, it was a little slower than normal. It had a sticker on the package showing that it was good for down to 10*

That must be a newer one chuck. At some temp (<32 maybe) the programing slows the display so it can be keep up in the cold.

My apologies for the late reply.

The testo 552 Vacuum Gauge is brand new to the market. Unlike most vacuum gauges that use a Pirani thermistor sensor, the t552 is using an absolute pressure sensor. By incorporating this type of sensor, we are able to achieve very good accuracy of +/- 10 microns down to 10 microns, but even better is the resiliency of the sensor, which requires no cleaning, nor is subject to contamination from oil. As stated in our advertises, there are other nice features like drop tested to 6', high limit alarm, ambient temp sensor to calculate evaporation temperature of water, and as you've picked up on it can be connected to a testo 570 Manifold save and print evacuation date. Distribution is bringing in inventory, so you should start to see them at your local wholesaler or internet reseller.

Quote Originally Posted by jbickers View Post
    My apologies for the late reply.

The testo 552 Vacuum Gauge is brand new to the market. Unlike most vacuum gauges that use a Pirani thermistor sensor, the t552 is using an absolute pressure sensor. By incorporating this type of sensor, we are able to achieve very good accuracy of +/- 10 microns down to 10 microns, but even better is the resiliency of the sensor, which requires no cleaning, nor is subject to contamination from oil. As stated in our advertises, there are other nice features like drop tested to 6', high limit alarm, ambient temp sensor to calculate evaporation temperature of water, and as you've picked up on it can be connected to a testo 570 Manifold save and print evacuation date. Distribution is bringing in inventory, so you should start to see them at your local wholesaler or internet reseller.
    IT CONNECTS TO THE 570???? How did I miss that?????

I just couldn't get passed the the 72 PSI over pressure limitation. Guess I got disillusioned and quit reading before I reached the text on the compatibility of the printer hook up.

Gonna have to rethink this one...ok...I thought about it. Gonna get one

Got mine today and it's as sturdy as a brick out-house!

Screen is like an SMAN 4....Big ass numerals.

Gonna break the cherry when I insall the 16 seer two sate ac for the family business....using my 570 with vacuum rated hoses.....I ani't in a hurry to finish this one.

HEY JP!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYVX6s6Tjeo

Didn't want to dig up some old threads on core tools but I'm not so sure there is anything wrong with this gauge.
    Looks like it works good actually

I have gotten my hands on one of these.

I plan on doing a few tests with it. One on which will be to compare it to the Bluvac. I will post results.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    I have gotten my hands on one of these.

I plan on doing a few tests with it. One on which will be to compare it to the Bluvac. I will post results.
    Gotta study my 552 to night also.

Didn't want to dig up some old threads on core tools but I'm not so sure there is anything wrong with this gauge.
    Looks like it works good actually
    Every micron gauge I've ever tried blanking off like that video shows has behaved exactly the same way that 552 did.

Flawed test IMO.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast