Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The liquid injection isn't for capacity control.

The liquid injection is for de-superheating.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    If you're running Low Temp R-22, you might regret that decision this summer....
    I have a feeling I know the customer TDC is working with and they have chosen to go with R407a on all their new installs. Ya know its better for the environment! haha
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    The liquid injection isn't for capacity control.

The liquid injection is for de-superheating.
    I also Agree, again Bitzer must have specified this for R407a, They also use it for the LT Copeland scrolls!
    These guys used to be big on the Economized Cool vapor injection but i guess that was in the old days of R404a haha!

i agree its not capacity control but when your unloaded your raising your suction pressure so your compression ration should be ok and you dont have to worry about liquid injection to cool the heads of your compressor. its a 407A rack and the worry is its flooding and leading to major problems in the compressor. the system doesnt have an accumulator.

a heater would work but i dont have any power available at my case. id have to run a new feed and a breaker

Quote Originally Posted by TopDeadCenter View Post
    i agree its not capacity control but when your unloaded your raising your suction pressure so your compression ration should be ok and you dont have to worry about liquid injection to cool the heads of your compressor.
    You may want to re think that one

its a 407A rack and the worry is its flooding and leading to major problems in the compressor. the system doesnt have an accumulator.
    back to the original problem of this post, keep those coils from icing, make sure your TX is clear and you wont flood, You may want to look closely at your TXV's and seeper than the element and make sure the port is OK, unless the proper TX port is in there the OEM port/valve was most-likely for 404a and that will cause flooding just a hunch but a good spot to look, Look at your Hussmann Original Serial/data sticker check superheat range then check it again, if ya got digitak gagues this is where you wantto ues them dial and a PT chard may not be quick enough

a heater would work but i dont have any power available at my case. id have to run a new feed and a breaker
    A heater for What??
    Are you talking Pan Heater? as a Huss RL case has a pan heater??
    while you are in there amke sure your defrost heaters are all up to snuff as per huss specs

the TXV valves are r22 low temp valves. but the superheats is good. the issue is during my defrost. im not icing up in my coil and my case temp is rising above 55 during my defrost, and all my heaters are working. what i ment by adding a heater was to the lip of the plenum underneath the fans maybe something like a trace heater to stop the possible fllash freezing when it makes contact with the plenums lip.

the TXV valves are r22 low temp valves. .
    Valves are not Low or Med or High temp, power elements are, verify your valve port, I have seen a refrigerant conversion before with a SZ/VZ swap but that's not gonna cut it on a 404a sized port..... just a thought[fyi this is a spoorlan biased statement, haha]

the superheats is good.
    How good? whats your Swing?

the issue is during my defrost. im not icing up in my coil and my case temp is rising above 55 during my defrost, and all my heaters are working. .
    is your Termination working?

what i ment by adding a heater was to the lip of the plenum underneath the fans maybe something like a trace heater to stop the possible fllash freezing when it makes contact with the plenums lip.
    Juskt keep in Mind that there are Thousands and thousands if not Millions of Hussmann RL cases out there and make sure you have all points covered before redesign is required, for example if a case is not set 100% properly you may have issues

Just ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeySq View Post
    Valves are not Low or Med or High temp, power elements are, verify your valve port, I have seen a refrigerant conversion before with a SZ/VZ swap but that's not gonna cut it on a 404a sized port..... just a thought[fyi this is a spoorlan biased statement, haha]

How good? whats your Swing?

is your Termination working?

Juskt keep in Mind that there are Thousands and thousands if not Millions of Hussmann RL cases out there and make sure you have all points covered before redesign is required, for example if a case is not set 100% properly you may have issues

Just ideas!
    Adding to what Mikey has said. I've seen cases where even a subcooler being improperly accounted for during sizing will prevent proper performance.

R404a valves require a larger port, typically, than a 22 valve will.

Also, think hard about the last thing that he said. There are millions of these cases out there and there is no reason that you should have to start modifying these couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    Little do you know your find was not the first who found it.
    Interesting how a coworker can know something, and know there is another crew tasked to complete the job the original coworker fell short on - yet be too self absorbed to mention anything about it at the time.....or recollect his original findings when calling me several months later to ask details about the issue as this coworker thought maybe the same thing was happening at another store.

But ya talk a good game anyway - you definitely have that working in your favor.
    "The problem is the average person isnt tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and its not in the movies they watch, and its not in the few books that they buy, they dont get it" - Jack Canfield

your first sentence is untrue. the second sentence was about pacifying you.

the second statement is accurate. I talk a great game.

Ya'll can solve the problem by replacing that Hussman case with a HP case.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    Ya'll can solve the problem by replacing that Hussman case with a HP case.
    HP = Huge Problems.

They're junk, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    HP = Huge Problems.

They're junk, too.

But there better junk.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast