Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    We had a start up guy wire the beldan cable to the hot side if that relay, Lot's of toasted boards that morning at start up.
    Oh god. Seen it happen myself. Sparkticians got the job to run and land wire, by whinning about why a reefer guy was originally intended to do it. Big ole mess on that. But they eventually got thier way. So. My job was to go hot and check out.. Danfoss 255. Fried every single node and string. Atleast one or more input boards on every node and string. So. They landed terms on wet contacts at fixtures and walk in evaps. You come in to a node and if you have line voltage on just one input on an input board in that string, it will fry the entire node string of boards and com module. This has taugh me to pull all my inputs, go hot and check every one of them first. I learned the hard way. And even aftergoing hot, you should wait for those terms, cause if they either close on rise or what not. We learned to never not be there when it comees to this after that.

It scared the hell out of me. I was freaking out.

I was new to the 255 at this time. I was just getting really aquainted with it. Big brand new beutiful store. Lot's of people on site. I was bewildered for about 2 hours till I figured out what happened.

Yep it was a fun morning.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

We just had an issue very similar last week. EMS guy changed a Danfoss controller earlier in the week at an existing store without verifying the programming, physical input, output, and/or ESR locations.

Nothing better than straightening out a mess after multiple circuits had to be unloaded by store personnel.....customers really enjoy that.
    "The problem is the average person isnt tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and its not in the movies they watch, and its not in the few books that they buy, they dont get it" - Jack Canfield

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    We just had an issue very similar last week. EMS guy changed a Danfoss controller earlier in the week at an existing store without verifying the programming, physical input, output, and/or ESR locations.

Nothing better than straightening out a mess after multiple circuits had to be unloaded by store personnel.....customers really enjoy that.

That was me. Oh well.

For some reason, pulling the old DB, running it through firmware upgrade, then uploading it to the new controller, it swapped 4 esr circuits. No idea why. The old DB same as new, but Markettechs lead found them swapped.

Danfoss is still goofy to me sometimes with stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    For some reason, pulling the old DB, running it through firmware upgrade, then uploading it to the new controller, it swapped 4 esr circuits. No idea why. The old DB same as new, but Markettechs lead found them swapped.

Certain versions have "glitches" in upgrading them that way.

I forget the exact numbers, but in one version upgrade, you must manually reprogram the condensing pressure sensor. Somehow, in the upgrade process, it gets turned into a light level sensor.

Danfoss is weird sometimes.

I caught that one on this controller. You know as you step up the DB, which btw thanks to you I learned that JP. Any ways, it when you go from whatever to VR2.081, it tells you, that. Tells you to make a clone of the transducer for press to temp.

What was very strange about this was, I pulled the existing DB, stepped it up, and uploaded. Thought all was good. Next day there were issues. So I had saved the old DB and over the phone we compared what I had on my laptop to what was in both my new DB on my laptop and it to the new DB in the controller from the tech on site. They were all exact the same. But the techs on site, they found 4 esr circuits swapped. I have no explanation why it happened.

I was a little too much in a hurry, should have stayed the day I was there and check it all very fine tooth comb but did not.

I did not just walk away, I was poking around at stuff but you know. Did not force defrost on everything. I mean jeezlopetes.

Never been really good at Danfoss. Not enough experience.

I am excited to having a steady diet of all kinds of ems work again and before too long I will have it in my brain again.

JP, if you recall me telling you, this was the same store where someone took a brand new controller, pulled the door off, mounted the back and used the power supply of it and used it in place of the bad power supply on the old controller that was left in place. This store has had some challenges.

It's not just a danfoss thing either, they all got their quirks.

What I find funny...is in this day and age, computers hardware & software have advanced so far, yet our reefer stuff still sucks a$$.

That was me. Oh well.

Actually this had nothing to do with you. As amazed as you may be, you weren't the only EMS guy in the branch....or the only one who made bonehead mistakes.

TopDeadCenter,

What did you find out when the case refurbishers showed up? I am having the same problem with Hussmann RL freezers. It looks like the ice is sealing the fan shroud against the bottom of the case and then never melting during defrost. My thought was also to shim the plenum off the bottom or to add a heater at this location. Why is it only an issue with some of the thousands of RL cases out there?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345