Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    the superheat is set on all my cases. my fans are off during defrost and during my drip time.

my drains are all trapped, and they go to the floor drains set up beneath the cases. i have had an issue with the drains but hussman told me thats just because of the plastic they used being too brittle.

its possible im introducing air and moisture from the drain. maybe if i prime the main drains and check the vents becaause i could be getting air from the drains into the cases. i never really looked into that because my trough itself is not freezing up.

But we take care of a lot of the same store and all the drains are set the same but this store is the only issue and its refurbished cases.

im not farmiliar with the KE2 but im not sure it can be used with the einstein E2. my control doesnt seem to be the issue i have a ton of features off my einstein.

A KE2 would be 10 steps backwards from an E2.

If the drains were an issue they would most certainly be frozen over and will build frost around the opening within a few days of being washed out. As mentioned earlier, the few cases I've seen of failed insulation had major ice buildup outside the case and I think this would always happen in that situation.

had a similar issue like this on some RL and RLN(different plenum) cases like this a while back, i found that i opened the channel where the water runs out a little, along the front of the plenum, memory is a little foggy on this now but i slightly recall making modifications to the fan plenum where the existing water path ways were.

Mike
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

well ive already shimmed the plennum with 3 washers to widen the gap. i dont want to shimm it any more then that incase i affect the air flow when the fans are running in refrig mode. but with the changes the problems is still happening. im absolutly lost for an explanation on this one.

What motors are in there? 5611s or ECM? I wonder if the ECM motors are reversing or dying in some way, but the cases would likely flood out when this happens. Just a long shot.

no they're standard 5611s. the motors are running fine. im not getting ice on the coil its frosting, if the motors where failing id see ice build-up on my coils.

Hey TDC, I've seen this problem with the RL cases on a few occasions. Hussmann told me to stack nickels under the plenum. I asked him if they supply the nickels or do I need to, because washers are cheaper. Anyway, i stacked 4 washers under each fan and have had good results. I'm not sure what more you can do with those things since you've already done this. Gotta love the engineer who designed that plenum with little to no way for water to get under there. Another quality Hussmann product. Let us know if you find the magic solution for your problem.

haha...unfortunitly in this case the washers havent helped and aside from adding an auxillary heat source to make sure there is no chance of ice im out of idea at this point. the company that refurbished these cases is coming in on friday and well see what magic soulution they have for a problem that they'll tell you 'has never happened before'. looking forward to hear what they have to say friday. ill keep you posted!

the best part about all this is my ipac was designed specially for this store so my low temp compressors have an unloader and liquid injection on them. so when the compressors are unloaded and you smashing liquid through 2 cylinders ive already had about 3 leaks and changed out a compressor. bitzer says they never recommended that because the vibrations would cause these issues, but hill pheonix is telling me the design is correct. and my refurbished cases have iced up every 2 months. gotta love the quility products we get to see on a daily basisName:  IMG-20130312-00025.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  40.8 KBName:  IMG-20130312-00027.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  49.7 KB

Same leak on all 3 compressors. had to disconnect and leave just my unloaders which is allowing me better capacity control.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    so frost is forming. then in defrost were making water out of that frost and it drops off the coil, it lands on the deck of the case, and should route to the drain right? Is the deck temperature above freezing during defrost. Sometimes it's not. This is why we have drain PAN heaters. is there on equipped and does it work? There must be one, and it must work. They must stay on the duration of defrost, and into DRIP TIME.

Now. Your thinking a failed insulation on the deck is the issue. If this was the case, the heat from the store, would be attempting to get into the case through that failed insulation, and the metal (skin) would be the vapor barrier, so the water would form on the exterior underside of the case if this were the case. If the structure has not been compromised, due to failed insulation, the condensate forming from frost should by gravity route to the drain of the case. Have you simulated this with a bucket of water. Is the case level?

Another thing to keep in keep in mind. If at one time there was a drain stoppage and the case iced up due to that, and the last 3 technicians who deiced the case did not clear the case entirely of the ice, this can also do this. You have to start from scratch. When encountering and iced up case, you have to completely deice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    so we got the slope and when you simulate it with water, she's flowin. That pretty much rules out structure, or no?

In those cases, is there a temp stat klixon type that kills the trough heat at all. Does the trough heat stay on from initiation to end of drip, how does that function in this case.

Are we terminating prematurely?

I think the issue could be like you said structural, or that deck is not getting above 32.
    This would have been a good direction to take at T2142, no? .....
    "The problem is the average person isnt tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and its not in the movies they watch, and its not in the few books that they buy, they dont get it" - Jack Canfield

Little do you know your find was not the first who found it.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

If I am understanding things correctly there is no drain pan heater or trace line on drain. If so I would install one to ensure all moisture gets out of pan before freeze cycle starts back up. also check to ensure that coil is not frosting up due to tev malfunction. Could be just creating more frost then can be removed from defrost cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDeadCenter View Post
    the best part about all this is my ipac was designed specially for this store so my low temp compressors have an unloader and liquid injection on them. so when the compressors are unloaded and you smashing liquid through 2 cylinders ive already had about 3 leaks and changed out a compressor. bitzer says they never recommended that because the vibrations would cause these issues, but hill pheonix is telling me the design is correct. and my refurbished cases have iced up every 2 months. gotta love the quility products we get to see on a daily basisName:  IMG-20130312-00025.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  40.8 KBName:  IMG-20130312-00027.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  49.7 KB

Same leak on all 3 compressors. had to disconnect and leave just my unloaders which is allowing me better capacity control.
    If you're running Low Temp R-22, you might regret that decision this summer....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast