Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 26

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914

    Question for the resident Fieldpiece gurus.

    2 questions.

    1) If I get an HG3, AAT3 Anemometer head+transmitter, and a SDP2 dual in-duct psychrometer, will the HG3 calculate and display actual delivered btuh capacity based on the measured psychrometric values and CFM?

    2) Is there any plan to make a stand alone anemometer, like the STA2, that also has wireless capabilities like the SDP2 psychrometer?

    I really want the wireless data capture capability, but would prefer to have stand alone instruments, rather than accessory heads, for taking the readings.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    i concur. Have never been impressed with the "heads" myself. Especially since they never really 'zero' out, per say.

    I as well prefer stand alone meter for each of these tasks.

    And wirelessly putting all the info in one place, takes the cake IMHO would be the best setup to have!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    i concur. Have never been impressed with the "heads" myself. Especially since they never really 'zero' out, per say.

    I as well prefer stand alone meter for each of these tasks.

    And wirelessly putting all the info in one place, takes the cake IMHO would be the best setup to have!
    While I share your sentiment regarding most of the accessory heads, the main thing is that the stand alone instruments tend to have more functional options, and/or are easier to use, than an accessory head + HG3.

    My goal is to recreate most of the functionality of the Testo 435 HVAC kit, but for less than 1/3 the price.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    While I share your sentiment regarding most of the accessory heads, the main thing is that the stand alone instruments tend to have more functional options, and/or are easier to use, than an accessory head + HG3.

    My goal is to recreate most of the functionality of the Testo 435 HVAC kit, but for less than 1/3 the price.
    i bought into the testo bit for a while. now am broke and starving
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    17
    Considering I'm still new to the industry, I'm glad I'm not the only one out there with this gripe.

    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    i concur. Have never been impressed with the "heads" myself. Especially since they never really 'zero' out, per say.

    I as well prefer stand alone meter for each of these tasks.

    And wirelessly putting all the info in one place, takes the cake IMHO would be the best setup to have!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    please don't make it an apple app!!!!

    it's gotta be android!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    FP needs a wireless printer

    or do they already have one?
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    2 questions.

    1) If I get an HG3, AAT3 Anemometer head+transmitter, and a SDP2 dual in-duct psychrometer, will the HG3 calculate and display actual delivered btuh capacity based on the measured psychrometric values and CFM?

    2) Is there any plan to make a stand alone anemometer, like the STA2, that also has wireless capabilities like the SDP2 psychrometer?

    I really want the wireless data capture capability, but would prefer to have stand alone instruments, rather than accessory heads, for taking the readings.
    Mark,

    Here's the answers to your questions:

    1) Not yet

    2) I'll make sure it's on the list.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Mark,

    Here's the answers to your questions:

    1) Not yet

    2) I'll make sure it's on the list.
    Darn!

    I guess i'll just get a SDP2 and the cheap receiver for now, and wait on the rest.
    Until then, I guess I'll have to keep plugging the numbers into the iPhone app I use to do the calculations.

    Thanks.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Ha! the FP smartphone app. integrate the HG3 into it
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    Ha! the FP smartphone app. integrate the HG3 into it
    A bluetooth connection from the HG to a smartphone/tablet would work with an app in either iOS or Android.
    HG collects readings from the various heads/instruments, either via directly connected heads, or wireless instruments.
    It then transmits them to the app on the phone or tablet, and the app handles the various calculations. reporting, and record keeping.
    It would make it easy to update and add software related features and calculations, as it can all be done via the app.

    It would work with everything the current HG works with, and could actually be simplified because it would become just a device for collecting data and passing it along to the app.

    I'd buy it as soon as it comes out, along with a number of other related heads/instruments to work with it.
    I'm thinking I'm not the only one who has taken a pass on the HG, in its current form, that would be all over the HG system if it worked that way.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Savannah, Ga/H.H. Island, S.C.
    Posts
    1,277
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    A bluetooth connection from the HG to a smartphone/tablet would work with an app in either iOS or Android.
    HG collects readings from the various heads/instruments, either via directly connected heads, or wireless instruments.
    It then transmits them to the app on the phone or tablet, and the app handles the various calculations. reporting, and record keeping.
    It would make it easy to update and add software related features and calculations, as it can all be done via the app.

    It would work with everything the current HG works with, and could actually be simplified because it would become just a device for collecting data and passing it along to the app.

    I'd buy it as soon as it comes out, along with a number of other related heads/instruments to work with it.
    I'm thinking I'm not the only one who has taken a pass on the HG, in its current form, that would be all over the HG system if it worked that way.
    Now that........is a great idea!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    Now that........is a great idea!
    I made sure it was on "the list". Thanks for the seconds and thirds on the suggestions, keep'em coming!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event