Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question for the resident Fieldpiece gurus.

2 questions.

1) If I get an HG3, AAT3 Anemometer head+transmitter, and a SDP2 dual in-duct psychrometer, will the HG3 calculate and display actual delivered btuh capacity based on the measured psychrometric values and CFM?

2) Is there any plan to make a stand alone anemometer, like the STA2, that also has wireless capabilities like the SDP2 psychrometer?

I really want the wireless data capture capability, but would prefer to have stand alone instruments, rather than accessory heads, for taking the readings.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

i concur. Have never been impressed with the "heads" myself. Especially since they never really 'zero' out, per say.

I as well prefer stand alone meter for each of these tasks.

And wirelessly putting all the info in one place, takes the cake IMHO would be the best setup to have!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    i concur. Have never been impressed with the "heads" myself. Especially since they never really 'zero' out, per say.

And wirelessly putting all the info in one place, takes the cake IMHO would be the best setup to have!
    While I share your sentiment regarding most of the accessory heads, the main thing is that the stand alone instruments tend to have more functional options, and/or are easier to use, than an accessory head + HG3.

My goal is to recreate most of the functionality of the Testo 435 HVAC kit, but for less than 1/3 the price.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    While I share your sentiment regarding most of the accessory heads, the main thing is that the stand alone instruments tend to have more functional options, and/or are easier to use, than an accessory head + HG3.

My goal is to recreate most of the functionality of the Testo 435 HVAC kit, but for less than 1/3 the price.
    i bought into the testo bit for a while. now am broke and starving

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Considering I'm still new to the industry, I'm glad I'm not the only one out there with this gripe.

please don't make it an apple app!!!!

it's gotta be android!

FP needs a wireless printer

or do they already have one?

2 questions.

1) If I get an HG3, AAT3 Anemometer head+transmitter, and a SDP2 dual in-duct psychrometer, will the HG3 calculate and display actual delivered btuh capacity based on the measured psychrometric values and CFM?

2) Is there any plan to make a stand alone anemometer, like the STA2, that also has wireless capabilities like the SDP2 psychrometer?

I really want the wireless data capture capability, but would prefer to have stand alone instruments, rather than accessory heads, for taking the readings.
    Mark,

Here's the answers to your questions:

1) Not yet

2) I'll make sure it's on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Mark,

Here's the answers to your questions:

1) Not yet

2) I'll make sure it's on the list.
    Darn!

I guess i'll just get a SDP2 and the cheap receiver for now, and wait on the rest.
    Until then, I guess I'll have to keep plugging the numbers into the iPhone app I use to do the calculations.

Thanks.

Ha! the FP smartphone app. integrate the HG3 into it

Ha! the FP smartphone app. integrate the HG3 into it
    A bluetooth connection from the HG to a smartphone/tablet would work with an app in either iOS or Android.
    HG collects readings from the various heads/instruments, either via directly connected heads, or wireless instruments.
    It then transmits them to the app on the phone or tablet, and the app handles the various calculations. reporting, and record keeping.
    It would make it easy to update and add software related features and calculations, as it can all be done via the app.

It would work with everything the current HG works with, and could actually be simplified because it would become just a device for collecting data and passing it along to the app.

I'd buy it as soon as it comes out, along with a number of other related heads/instruments to work with it.
    I'm thinking I'm not the only one who has taken a pass on the HG, in its current form, that would be all over the HG system if it worked that way.

A bluetooth connection from the HG to a smartphone/tablet would work with an app in either iOS or Android.
    HG collects readings from the various heads/instruments, either via directly connected heads, or wireless instruments.
    It then transmits them to the app on the phone or tablet, and the app handles the various calculations. reporting, and record keeping.
    It would make it easy to update and add software related features and calculations, as it can all be done via the app.

It would work with everything the current HG works with, and could actually be simplified because it would become just a device for collecting data and passing it along to the app.

I'd buy it as soon as it comes out, along with a number of other related heads/instruments to work with it.
    I'm thinking I'm not the only one who has taken a pass on the HG, in its current form, that would be all over the HG system if it worked that way.
    Now that........is a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    Now that........is a great idea!
    I made sure it was on "the list". Thanks for the seconds and thirds on the suggestions, keep'em coming!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast