Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

SmartPhone airflow device

Was in the supply house and saw a little fan thing that goes in your smartphone headphone jack and it measures Cfm looks like a useful tool for us installers doing some ductwork anyone know what I'm talking about forgot the brand/name I think it was 40 bucks.

Post Likes
    It works pretty good I've used mine a few times to adjusted airflow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423527958.860126.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  259.5 KB

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 37bluebird View Post
    It works pretty good I've used mine a few times to adjusted airflow.

Cool yeah that's it does it seem to be pretty accurate?

Post Likes
    a colleague picked one up , on his first use . it resolved an issue with an undersized return on a 4 ton rtu , instant resolution of a troubled job , cut in an extra return , inexpensive neat tool ,

Post Likes
    Been looking at those....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    now i need a smartphone

8. Likes energy_rater_La liked this post.
    Post Likes
    has anyone tested with a REAL anemoter, also can you enter size of box/dimension/etc? iv'e seen it to, if it compares to my anemoter my tool supply wont take up entire truck, guys I LOVE tools, and most importantly ,take the time and learn to use every function, every little bit of know how it offers I expel from tool, id love someone to take a test and post results and do you have to wave it past grill up and down as mine takes several measurements and equates a common cfm or whatever im after? Somebody HAS to have both, lets go, do some testing for us........THANKYOU
    Tom

and I just had my re calibrated , wasn't that far off, great tool here! accurate!!!

DOES ALOT ILL NEVER REPLACE REGAURDLESS

http://www.licensedelectrician.com/S.../TIFVA500A.htm

10. Likes snupytcb liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I'd be interested to see it up against a traditional style. It's probably pretty acurate I would assume

Post Likes
    I have both. I have a regular uei and the AAB plug in. If I get over this flu this weekend, I will test them against each other. I have been using it for like a month or two. It is very convenient and makes me check airflow more since it's right in my tool bag. You can enter dimensions, rectangular or round, and if a register or grill is in place. So far it seems to work well. It's auto saves each test, and also does a average cfm of a 30 second test. So far I really like it. I will try to test the two this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Looking at the site now. It has an accuracy test but have not gotten that far.
    http://airflowbalancing.com

Post Likes
    yea that's what I was looking for, please test and let me know, as mie is like lugging the hg-10 around to find leaks, except the anometer is a lot lighter and easier to use...but do telk, thankyou, as ill grab one as well if there accurate why not? no monthly charge is there?lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TBrazin View Post
    has anyone tested with a REAL anemoter, also can you enter size of box/dimension/etc? iv'e seen it to, if it compares to my anemoter my tool supply wont take up entire truck, guys I LOVE tools, and most importantly ,take the time and learn to use every function, every little bit of know how it offers I expel from tool, id love someone to take a test and post results and do you have to wave it past grill up and down as mine takes several measurements and equates a common cfm or whatever im after? Somebody HAS to have both, lets go, do some testing for us........THANKYOU
    Tom

and I just had my re calibrated , wasn't that far off, great tool here! accurate!!!

DOES ALOT ILL NEVER REPLACE REGAURDLESS

http://www.licensedelectrician.com/S.../TIFVA500A.htm

if there was a belt clip this would be PERFECT, as I said its light and the cord goes up to 6 feet!!!!!my belt to up in air is no where near that, any ideas to do so ,bring em on! thanks

tom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast