Looking for a short Air handler - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AIR PRO View Post
    Rheem is now using the x-13 motor in it's "corsaire" line AHA series air handlers which uses the same cabinet size as the old RBHx series ahu's (35" tall ,22" deep).

http://216.122.22.11/FetchDocument.a...5-e74aeb210a3c

I have sold/installed thousands of the RBHK's over the years, and never had any problem with low suction or low airflow caused by the coil....thats just hogwash!
    Hi Air Pro,
    Thanks for the great tip, nice compact package. The Corsaire looks like it is for a Heat Pump. I looked over the Rheem site and I cannot find an equivlent style for a Gas Furnace, so I guess I'll still have to add the extra coil, correct?
    Thanks, SCR

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lloyd View Post
    I know a guy who is about 4' tall. Handles all of our air. Really comes in handy for those tight spots.

I guess this is some of that dry wit I am accused of having.
    I don't think your accusers are accurate!!LOL

Rheem is now using the x-13 motor in it's "corsaire" line AHA series air handlers which uses the same cabinet size as the old RBHx series ahu's (35" tall ,22" deep).

http://216.122.22.11/FetchDocument.a...5-e74aeb210a3c

I have sold/installed thousands of the RBHK's over the years, and never had any problem with low suction or low airflow caused by the coil....thats just hogwash!

Really.do they have the required takoff or not,IF not HOGWASH and then some!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Really.do they have the required takoff or not,IF not HOGWASH and then some!!!
    Yes and Yes, I always changed the supply plenum to the required size if it was not already, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Residence View Post
    Hi Air Pro,
    Thanks for the great tip, nice compact package. The Corsaire looks like it is for a Heat Pump. I looked over the Rheem site and I cannot find an equivlent style for a Gas Furnace, so I guess I'll still have to add the extra coil, correct?
    Thanks, SCR
    why gas in southern cali? How often do you use the heat?

Anyway, the 90tj series corsaire furnace is 34" tall and the rcf series coil is around 20 " tall (cased), so even that way you are at 54", which is going to be much shorter than anything else I know of with a cased evap coil.
    Last edited by AIR PRO; 01-28-2007 at 11:26 PM.

why gas in southern cali? How often do you use the heat?

Anyway, the 90tj series corsaire furnace is 34" tall and the rcf series coil is around 20 " tall (cased), so even that way you are at 54", which is going to be much shorter than anything else I know of with a cased evap coil.
    Hi Air Pro,
    Electric rates are sky high in California, gas has been the standard for furnaces for years. Our typical winter nights are in the 40s, although this year we hit a few 20's and 30's, so believe me, even in the 40's my heat comes on most winter nights (I keep it at 68).
    I see the problem, I was looking at the Prestige 28" coils, thanks for pointing me to the 20" models. This is great, as now with the 34" Furnace, 20" Coil, = 54", I will still have 7" left of my 61" total to put in the Trane CleanEffects filter, or maybe the Totalline 1" Electronic. Any comments or recommendations on the air filter?

Oh yes, I want to put a Humidefier on it as well, The guy that gave me a Trane Quote said my flue pipe was in the way, so with the Rheem, maybe I will have room for the humidifier, any suggestions on mounting with the above constraints or which brand to use?

Thanks, SCR

Do you have a ducted return? Also, how much room do you have beside the furnace? You may want to look up the CAP 600 whole house air cleaner if space is a concern. It is rated at merv 11 or 12 (very efficient)if I remember correctly. I am not familiar with the clean effects unit, but if it is inline with the furnace, it probably will require some sort of adapter to make it work with the Rheem unit. The CAP 600 is stand alone, only needs to be ducted to the supply and return ducts with flex duct.....take a look.

http://www.abatement.com/residential/cap_600_1200.htm

BTW: The CAP products are TRUE HEPA filtration, NOT HEPA type filtration....be wary of the wording some manufacturers use...there is A BIG differance ! I can't offer any advice as to flue pipe or humidifier installation space requirements without physically seeing the job....sorry.

BTW: The CAP products are TRUE HEPA filtration, NOT HEPA type filtration....be wary of the wording some manufacturers use...there is A BIG differance ! I can't offer any advice as to flue pipe or humidifier installation space requirements without physically seeing the job....sorry.
    Hi Air Pro,
    Thanks for the lead on the CAP filter products, I'll look at them. Regarding the humidifier, I'll just re-route the flue pipe, so what brands do you recommend, I don't see any on the Rheem site?
    Thanks, SCR

The Ruud/Rheem is very reliable. Like any equipment it MUST be installed properly. I just last week incountered a trane with low airflow.since the day it was installed the home owner was not happy with the performance.What do you know bad install. Installing a/c with out upgrading ductwork.

Keep in mind they require 12 to 18" of "takeoff" sized duct ,or cfms will suffer ,a lot.
    See page X of the install manual,and the bright orange tag at the takeoff.
    Don't sell them,but they move exactly the cfms they should,if and only if the tabs are bent up and the takeoff is that same size for at least 12 to 18".
    Seldom find them installed this way,and then yes ,we have sween 800 cfms on a three ton,correct that first peice of duct and they do just fine.
    Hi Dash,
    I'm going to go with the RCHL Coil on top of the RGFD-090 Furnace, I only have room for a 2" transition from the 23.5 x 20.75” RCHL Coil to the existing 19 x 22” Plenum.

This existing Plenum is built up into the ceiling above the unit and is 16" deep, with three take offs to feed the house.

Will this 2" transition and the 16" Plenum be enough "takeoff" to avoid the problems you cited?
    Thanks, SCR

The conditions I sighted ,are only when using their "short" air handler,where the indoor blower is mounted at the air handler supply takeoff.

Your furnace will have the bloer at the bottom/return inlet of the furnace ,so no problem.

Thanks for asking!

Rheem/Rudd Low Suction W Coil

Sorry Air Pro I have Been Doing Hvac for over 28 years and yes i have ran in to plenty of rudd/rheem low suction because of plenium size and w coil its a poor design.. Its hard to stop a trane!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12