Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: New one for me

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    1,439
    Post Likes

    New one for me

    Never seen this before....

    Bard residental unit....
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1362791939605.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  45.2 KB

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Salisbury, Maryland
    Posts
    153
    Post Likes
    We got a few of them over at the beach in Ocean City, Maryland. Every one I've worked on seems to last a long time and they are in a very corrosive atmosphere at the beach too, its crazy. What was goin on with that or were ya just doing a check up?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    1,439
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateCntlJohn View Post
    We got a few of them over at the beach in Ocean City, Maryland. Every one I've worked on seems to last a long time and they are in a very corrosive atmosphere at the beach too, its crazy. What was goin on with that or were ya just doing a check up?
    Heat kit was busted and leaking schraders.

    It was a heatpump that someone else had condemned a reversing valve that was not operating while the suction pulled down into a vacuum.

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Darby, PA
    Posts
    561
    Post Likes
    Why would this be on WOS? I can understand the location, but it is a heat pump. Work on tons of these, especially when they are used in computer/IT applications.
    Psalm 51:10, 12

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    254
    Post Likes
    Worked on many bards in many applications. Gotta say, thats one of the cleanest ones ive seen!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    1,439
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ldmth44 View Post
    Why would this be on WOS? I can understand the location, but it is a heat pump. Work on tons of these, especially when they are used in computer/IT applications.
    It was a first for me. I should have took a pic of the 5 6" ducts coming out of the makeshift plenum and the hole in the wall for a return.

    Its WOS material.

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Salisbury, Maryland
    Posts
    153
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
    Heat kit was busted and leaking schraders.

    It was a heatpump that someone else had condemned a reversing valve that was not operating while the suction pulled down into a vacuum.

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh ok, haha sounds like a metering device restriction to me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Posts
    146
    Post Likes
    Is that dryer vent cap holding the conduit up?

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    ____________________________________________
    If you don't know what you are doing.... ASK!! There is no such thing as a "Stupid" question.... Maybe.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    1,439
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bullmoose View Post
    Is that dryer vent cap holding the conduit up?

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Its a condensate line but yes its holding it up.

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech365 Virtual Event