Emerson belt-driven motor bearing wick window and lubrication question

Greetings, I purchased a two-speed 1/4 h.p., 56 frame resilient ring Emerson motor for one of my old 24" belt-driven window fans. It has sleeve bearings.

Than fan driven shaft and sheave are 45° up from the motor if you are looking at the front face of the motor, toward the 3:00 position.

The motor will have a 1.75" inner diameter sheave and the driven shaft will have a 5" sheave.

My question is whether or not the position of the drive belt will be pulling too close to the bearing wick window. I don't want the to starve the sleeve bearings of oil and I wasn't sure if this is still a limitation of newer sleeve bearing motor designs.

I checked with an engineer at U.S. Motors/Emerson and he didn't have an immediate answer.

Also, does anyone know if Emerson sleeve bearing belted motors come pre-lubricated from the factory or should I go ahead and lubricate with 20 weight oil.

Thanks!
    Chris Hovey

they re supposed to come pre lubed ,although i have replaced some motors recently that i beleive the Mexicans forgot to oil the bearings as they did not last long
    We really need change now