Newbie installer from Finland

Hi everyone! I've been on a local forum for some time and wanted to broaden my understanding and see how the rest of the world does things, so I found this forum.

I'm self-employed selling and installing air-air split heat pumps. I did the (very basic) training required to be allowed to apply for a licence to deal with refrigerants and I'm getting going with selling and installing. But I want to really get to understand these things, how they work, where to start looking when things go wrong and so on. I'm also starting to learn about geothermal pumps for main heating systems and am starting to install them with an experienced plumber.

I'm hoping this is a place where I can find stuff out, share experiences and be honest about being inexperienced without being beaten up about it or told I should find some other job

welcome aboard, you'll need to get that post count up and apply for pro membership to get detailed answers to any questions, until then your questions will be answered generically.

the wealth of knowledge on this site is second to none, and shared freely as long as the inquiring individual isn't an azz.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Thanks! I'll try to be good, and if I ask stupid sounding questions it's because I like to be better safe than sorry!

when inquiring; give all the details you have available; too many ask a question without any info just wanting to be informed what part needs top be replaced;

if asked for more details, cough them up if available, if not say so.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.