Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What gps are most reliable in your opinion?

I have had all the major brands Tom Tom and the Megelin nothing but breakdowns until my wife bought a 99 dollar jobber called the mio, been going strong for a couple yrs, Knock on wood.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Google maps on my phone.

I've had a Garmin for about 3 years. No problems so far. Lifetime map updates included. Only complaint is the amount of time it takes to run an update.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Google maps on my phone.
    Yep, same here I rather use Google maps on my phone as my GPS.

I love my Garmin dude I have never had any problems with it before. I do hate when the robot says "recalculating" though.

iPhone! GPS drive app is awsome.

I've had three garmins all have crapped out, two tom toms, and one mio.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    I've had three garmins all have crapped out, two tom toms, and one mio.
    Must be luck of the draw? My wife and I both have Garmin Nuvi's that are 3 years old. They stay in the vehicle year round. Frigid winters and hot summers. Haven't had a single problem with either one of them.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Our first Garmin was fine but they wanted over $100 for a map update. My wife bought a new one that has lifetime updates.
    I use my Google Maps (first choice) or MapQuest on my iPhone. NEVER use the native iPhone map app. It is beyond stupid.

I have a Garmin Nuvi's been in truck year around for over 5 year and still strong. down fall it will not stay on window all the time.

French Settlement, Louisiana, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGHVACGUY View Post
    I have a Garmin Nuvi's been in truck year around for over 5 year and still strong. down fall it will not stay on window all the time.
    Another vote for Garmin. Mine is about three years old and has fallen off the window many times and still works great. My dad had a TomTom and he hated it I used it twice and could not stand it!

Iphone

Quote Originally Posted by doc havoc View Post
    I've had a Garmin for about 3 years. No problems so far. Lifetime map updates included. Only complaint is the amount of time it takes to run an update.
    I have the Garmin and have had no problems. I thought I had the lifetime update but it seems that cost another $75 or so. I also use the Google that is on my phone, other than a wrong way on a 1 way street it has worked out fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast