Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    you said: Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    What I 'try' to do is blow hard enough to push most of the oil out. One can use a little common sense about the way a particular lineset runs and proceed accordingly.

As to pressure... My N2 regulator is set to a max of 300 PSI... I generally crank it up all the way. Then use the blowgun with the rubber cone on it to seal the entrance of the lineset and let-er-rip. Generally I will use about 500# on the tank gauge on the SL and about half that on the liquid line.

If it is a VERY long lineset... or if I am concerned there are dips in the lineset... then more N2.
    END QUOTE.

If you are cutting the evap our of the suction line than there would be no damage.
    obviously you don't read well regulator set @ 300# The 500# he's referring to using is the pressure drop used on the inlet of the regulator

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    One guy I know uses denatured alcohol (from HD paint department). His theory is it totally evaporates and dries... I suggested to him it probably dries out before it washes away the junk in the lines.

Personally... unless it is a burnout or green slime (that stuff is nasty), just blow it with N2. Better IMO to leave a little MO in the system... than to put something in the system that could cause damage.

On the flush with R-22... Sounds like manufacturers trying to avid warranty responsibility. How many folks are gonna waste #'s of R-22 doing a flush. I do not know any of them.
    You should use it sometime John. I blow the lines out with N2 first then flush out set with methanol alcohol and it does blow threw the end of the line. I stop when it blows clear which most of the time is right away. Nothing left behind and it evaporates completely in a few minutes. Works great, just as good or better and a lot cheaper than Rx11. Try it then you can critique it. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

To the guy who said lenox engineers say use r22... that's way beyond deminimus. And id say a crime

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

If I used R-22 for anything other than re-charging a system Id be fired. I have been using rx-11 for years and havent had any problems. 22 is too expensive and I dont know how I feel about just letting it go into the air. And the thought of using paint thinner boggles my mind.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

It's too easy to flush lines the right way, the cost of the rx-11 or proflush should be included in the cost of replacement anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by superfittertech View Post
    obviously you don't read well regulator set @ 300# The 500# he's referring to using is the pressure drop used on the inlet of the regulator
    OK....iF, AS YOU INFER, I don't understand the way he is phrasing it...explain it to me.

He said 500# (#is a lb. symbol) in the SL (suction line) and half that in the liquid line.

So what are you saying I am reading incorrectly?

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    You should use it sometime John. I blow the lines out with N2 first then flush out set with methanol alcohol and it does blow threw the end of the line. I stop when it blows clear which most of the time is right away. Nothing left behind and it evaporates completely in a few minutes. Works great, just as good or better and a lot cheaper than Rx11. Try it then you can critique it. Thank you, thank you very much
    Glennac, where are you buying Methanol? I was recently looking for some for de-icing a regulator, and I struck out. I don't want to buy 35 gallons, just a quart or two.
    Jason

you said: Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    What I 'try' to do is blow hard enough to push most of the oil out. One can use a little common sense about the way a particular lineset runs and proceed accordingly.

As to pressure... My N2 regulator is set to a max of 300 PSI... I generally crank it up all the way. Then use the blowgun with the rubber cone on it to seal the entrance of the lineset and let-er-rip. Generally I will use about 500# on the tank gauge on the SL and about half that on the liquid line.

If it is a VERY long lineset... or if I am concerned there are dips in the lineset... then more N2.
    END QUOTE.

If you are cutting the evap our of the suction line than there would be no damage.
    Do not understand what you are saying.

My comment, which you highlited, said "500# on the TANK GAUGE"... meaning the one which tells you how much PSI is left in the tank... thus the volume of N2 in the tank, not the pressure going out the regulator to whatever you are doing.

Remember; A pressure regulator on a tank or bottle generally has 2 gauges: One tells the pressure remaining in the supply tank or bottle, the other tells the pressure going out of the regulator. In HVAC one sees this dual pressure gauge setup on both Oxygen and Acetylene on their brazing torch set; as well as on their dry Nitrogen tank. Some folks carry other gasses, I suspect the regulators are the same.
    So you have these on/in your service vehicle?

Suggestion: Think rather than react... folks learn more that way... And in this industry one never stops learning... until they retire or die.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by bja105 View Post
    Glennac, where are you buying Methanol? I was recently looking for some for de-icing a regulator, and I struck out. I don't want to buy 35 gallons, just a quart or two.
    If you only need a small amount then get HEET at PepBoys, Walmart, etc. It is 97 to 98% methanol but called HEET. Ten bottles equal a gallon and at $1.50 a bottle it would be $15.00 a gallon.

If you have race tracks near by you should be able to fine racing gas which is methanol at around $7 or 8 a gallon. I can buy it at $175 a 55 gal drum but have to drive 60 miles to get it and don't need that much. Also petroleum companies sell it and check Sunoco. They have it. http://www.racegas.com/fuelfinder

"ISO-HEET brand is the #1 Selling Premium Fuel-line Antifreeze, Water Remover & Injector Cleaner. It absorbs 5 times more water than regular gas-line antifreeze, while it cleans fuel injectors and carburetors. It’s designed for use year-round in ALL 2-cycle and 4-cycle gasoline engines and diesel engines".
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

While reading this post the add for Quick System Flush is literally blinking on the right side of my screen: Say you we're to use methanol how do you physically get it into line set? Do you then blow it through with nitrogen. I'd be afraid to take methanol into someone's home and blow it through a line set as it seems most furnaces with ac in this area are located in the basement right next to the hot water heater with a standing pilot and "open" flame. As for using r22 that seems absurd. I use quick system flush or rx11 to clean a line set when going from 22 to 410. I cut the line sets where I want,and then preferably on the outside of building I crimp the end of the cut copper to somewhat restrict flow of nitro and cleaner. I first blow lines out with nitrogen,then cleaner,and then nitro again to blow all the cleaner through. I think it's awesome there is a member her from Iraq. I bet it's pretty hard to find a rx11 cleaner in Iraq. Probably not at the local supply house. Would crude oil work?

Quote Originally Posted by jakeesspoo View Post
    While reading this post the add for Quick System Flush is literally blinking on the right side of my screen: Say you we're to use methanol how do you physically get it into line set? Do you then blow it through with nitrogen. I'd be afraid to take methanol into someone's home and blow it through a line set as it seems most furnaces with ac in this area are located in the basement right next to the hot water heater with a standing pilot and "open" flame. As for using r22 that seems absurd. I use quick system flush or rx11 to clean a line set when going from 22 to 410. I cut the line sets where I want,and then preferably on the outside of building I crimp the end of the cut copper to somewhat restrict flow of nitro and cleaner. I first blow lines out with nitrogen,then cleaner,and then nitro again to blow all the cleaner through. I think it's awesome there is a member her from Iraq. I bet it's pretty hard to find a rx11 cleaner in Iraq. Probably not at the local supply house. Would crude oil work?
    Use a flush kit. They have a bottle to put your flush in and the hoes and attachments for hooking up to your line set and nitrogen tank. Here is one for $34. http://www.mechanicstoolsupply.com/A...t_p_18689.html

Also I flush from inside to outside the house and never inside. Thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Do not understand what you are saying.

My comment, which you highlited, said "500# on the TANK GAUGE"... meaning the one which tells you how much PSI is left in the tank... thus the volume of N2 in the tank, not the pressure going out the regulator to whatever you are doing.

Remember; A pressure regulator on a tank or bottle generally has 2 gauges: One tells the pressure remaining in the supply tank or bottle, the other tells the pressure going out of the regulator. In HVAC one sees this dual pressure gauge setup on both Oxygen and Acetylene on their brazing torch set; as well as on their dry Nitrogen tank. Some folks carry other gasses, I suspect the regulators are the same.
    So you have these on/in your service vehicle?

Suggestion: Think rather than react... folks learn more that way... And in this industry one never stops learning... until they retire or die.
    You described in a way I would not have...and I did ask you to explain so I didn't just "react".

It still reads like you put 500 PSIG into the SL.

But If you say different...

You described in a way I would not have...and I did ask you to explain so I didn't just "react".

It still reads like you put 500 PSIG into the SL.

But If you say different...
    The HVAC guys I associate with seem to 'get' what I say most of the time, as do the installer crews I use.

What I have found is different parts of the country 'talk different' so to say.... what part of the country are you from... maybe I can understand your way to say things?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast