Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    does it have the old draft hood on it?

Worked on one of those a couple weeks ago replaced the thermocouple and checked it out other than the thermocouple and dirty burners it was good to go qouted them a price just for higher efficiency and left it in operation those things are bulletproof

Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    does it have the old draft hood on it?
    I didn't notice.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    What's that child looking guy on the blue label? Is he from Lennox back in the day.
    Lennie Lennox as seen here http://abelonsite.wordpress.com/2012...-time-gone-by/
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

Speaking of old Lennox units, who remembers the in-wall unit, no blower, millivolt system. Sorry I don't have a model number. If memory serves me it was rated at 50,000.

Love the old oil can sitting in the blower compartment. Reminds me of the tube of Lennox grease you'd find in the Lennox units with the greased bearings on the blowers with the screw down caps.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

1950s Lennox Furnaces

My dad Ken Kracht worked as a photographer at Lennox Furnace Company (Marshalltown, IA) from about 1948-1957, Here are a couple of ad photos from about 1948. Also shown is Bud Moen art director/ad man at Lennox. Ken is to the left in both shots, Bud is to the right on the set shot of a unit in a crawl space.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    What's that child looking guy on the blue label? Is he from Lennox back in the day.
    That is Dave Lennox when he was a boy.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

I need help posting attachments here can't seem to find the place to clip my pics to a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_HUSKER View Post
    I need help posting attachments here can't seem to find the place to clip my pics to a thread.
    Click the go advanced button below the text box, then there is a manage attachments button that opens up what you're looking for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12