Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Wow you dropped some serious coin for all those accessories.

I'm about to order some. Wish i had the coin to buy the pipe clamps and the other pipe straps, but can only afford one or the other. I'm undecided on which to get. Thanks for the detailed review.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    Yes.

And Eddiegoodfellar,

It is comparable to the cooper.
    Thanks for the review, great job. So of the two ( sman and dc) that you have reviewed which would you recommend? Sounds like dc won you over so far.

Quote Originally Posted by suBcools View Post
    I'm about to order some. Wish i had the coin to buy the pipe clamps and the other pipe straps, but can only afford one or the other. I'm undecided on which to get. Thanks for the detailed review.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    I would recommend the clamp style. Faster and easier application then the Velcro style.

Do you screw on the plug for the senors on the faceplate or are they push-in. Do they feel snug when there in and is that connection water proof?

The sensors screw in. Once attached they are snug and sturdy. There is a cap to cover the plug when then sensors are not in use.

Waterproof? I'm not going to claim that but I wouldn't hesitate using them in the rain.

Check out the Digi-Dunk on the DC website. But I think that was done with the cap screwed on and the sensor not attached.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    HMMM....Just a comment: This review seems a bit "sugary"......
    HMMM....Just a comment: This comment ^^ seems in poor taste. Brent took the time and spent his money to give an honest review of a unit that you, for some reason, choose to completely ignore as a valid choice in the digital field today because j-mart and whatever suppliers you use choose not to carry it.

I would recommend the clamp style. Faster and easier application then the Velcro style.
    I second this with certain reservations. If you work on very small equipment, the clamps, like most clamps don't clamp well on very small lines.

The sensors screw in. Once attached they are snug and sturdy. There is a cap to cover the plug when then sensors are not in use.

Waterproof? I'm not going to claim that but I wouldn't hesitate using them in the rain.

Check out the Digi-Dunk on the DC website. But I think that was done with the cap screwed on and the sensor not attached.
    With the cap or the sensor in place, they are waterproof. Look up inside the sensor connection and you'll see the o-ring for the sensor connector.

As an aside, I'd suggest NOT leaving the sensors plugged in. I read about a LOT of people having DC sensor problems and wonder if I'm the only one who DOESN'T have sensor problems. Carry your sensors separately and connect them when needed. They'll last a LOT longer.

Also, a quick tip on the clamps. I didn't like the way the wiring was exposed at the spot where the wire for the sensor came out at the clamp pad. It looked like it would wear/break easily there. So, I put a small dollop of silicone caulk on it to protect it. My clamps are a year old, ride in my Veto daily and show no signs of giving up.

When I broke mine out the other day, 25 degrees and a building needed cooling. Well the pipe straps were a pain only because of the snow and my hands went numb trying to get them on. I think I will look into the clamps!

my biggest issue so far with the gauges that I have run in to is, I turn them on set the refriderant and zero the gauges, connect them and when I disconnect them and purge what is left in the hoses the gauges do not return to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by keef View Post
    my biggest issue so far with the gauges that I have run in to is, I turn them on set the refriderant and zero the gauges, connect them and when I disconnect them and purge what is left in the hoses the gauges do not return to zero.
    Mine either. So I wait a few seconds and zero them out. I can say it used to irk me that I can't have equal pressure on both high and low but I've learned to live with it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I have a Testo and Yellow Jacket system analyzers, have you compared this to either of these? I paid about $800 for YJ and $650 for Testo. I like the dize of Testo but the Yellow Jacket has more features including graphing. Anybody compared the digicool to these?

Isn't one of those yj drsa really a dc with a yj logo on it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast