New gas furnace installation

Hello. I recently had to have my gas furnace replaced. I went through the home warranty so a random company was sent out to do it. They finished yesterday and I was less than pleased with what I saw. First there was water coming down the flue pipe as it was raining, he told me not to worry as it would seal itself. My first question is, is it even possible for something to seal itself. Secondly he had zip tied some of the pipes together. Is that normal? Lastly, is it normal for a smaller metal pipe to be put into a larger pvc pipe? ive tried to add photos to help. Any help would be appreciated, I'm trying to stay away from paying more money to have someone else come look at it. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  27.2 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  28.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  35.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  30.1 KB

The one leaking water can also be leaking flue gas in your house or CO, most likely not enuf to kill you but I would expect it to be fixed. Looks like crap but that's typical home warranty stuff from what I hear, I would never let someone who if they could pick the cheapest company possible and pocket the rest pick someone to install something in my home.

Show more pics of the furnace itself....I can't tell where the pipes go

I didn't really want to go through the home warranty but they covered a lot of the cost. I've just never seen anything zip tied like that before!

I'm real sure you can't use a gas pipe for a support. The roof shouldn't leak. The small pipe looks like a condensate line into a larger drain pipe,no problems with that.

is the pipe that is leaking the intake or exhaust, from the photos it is hard to tell?

from my house it looks typical lowest bidder junk!!!

the leak, from what little is shown, may be lack of glue. it appears they were less than precise on the lower end of the elbow, yet there appears to be nothing on the other fittings.

while not great, the smaller pipe into larger looks to be a condensate drain(as was stated already) and is functional.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

call the home warranty company tell them you want a permit pulled and a inspection
    We really need change now

A permit should have been taken. You can call the heating inspector yourself (and I would). I don't like the zip ties but I'm not sure it's not illegal. I would hope that the pipes are braced properly in the attic. One thing I noticed and have never seen before are the "plumber" rubber connectors on the intake and the exhaust pipes. Can anyone tell me if that is legal? We have always used PVC connectors and glue. Regarding the leaky pipes thru the roof and sealing itself...........wrong! I would think the warranty (I use the term lightly) company would get them back for you.
    Last edited by George2; 03-10-2013 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling