Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Hows that motor doing? I put put a light bulb on 240v its was very bright.
    Me too, but I only had 5 seconds of light!

Quote Originally Posted by R Mannino View Post
    Me too, but I only had 5 seconds of light!
    That was my hypothesis but never did blow. It was on for better than ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    I put a recovery machine on 220, shut it off before it **** out but It blew some smoke!
    I used a cheater cord and connected my recovery machine to the stinger leg on a 3 phase disconnect. The cooling fan motor burned out, but there was no other damage.

Oh that's never happened to me

I had a RTU one time. Oddball Carrier. Spring. Both scrolls bad. Quoted and awarded replacement. put 460v 3 ph in when should have been 208 3ph. Sucks. But. It happens. Oh well. Git er done.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeySq View Post
    so does that mean they will pay 3 hours labour because that is how long "they" say it takes....
    I don't know thermo Fischer but that is a crack at othere warranty expectations ! hahaha
    Fisher is actually really good with warrent, mabey because we are the local factory rep, no sure.. its all t&m work... they want it done right and pay accordingly, its a goog gig. These ultra lows are pretty finicky machines

1 lb of 508b is worth over 600 bux list
    The charge for this autocascade -150 system im workin on next week is over 2000, its a blend of somthing like 10 different refrigersnts, including argon... crazy stuff

I once installed a 460v compressor in a 208v unit. Goodman provided the compressor under warranty and i didn't catch it. Needless to say, i always check now. Lesson learned. That compressor was very unhappy and sounded terrible when i applied power.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by coolerik View Post
    Doing a compressor/heat exchanger change out on a -87 ultra low today, warrenty job for Thermo Fisher, everything changed out yesterday, tripple evac and on the pump over night. Both stages holding under 500, charge stage 2 with1oz propane and 13oz 508b, ok, charge stage 1 with 21oz 404a..ok, go to startup and comp runs for 5 sec and trips breaker....wtf recheck all my wiring, start electrics, etc (all new obviosly) all is good... wtf, look at comp nameplate Arrrrrgggggg 115v comp in 208 unit.. bastards sent the wrong one and I didnt catch it... in my defence the packing slip said 208v compressor.....oh well all billable to thermo fisher under warrenty... lesson learned though bah
    Been there done that.....

North sweden, Umeε, Where the birches growing without limits.
    One of my colleauges was called out to a summer cafι, where a soft ice machine was placed, it sounded terribly bad... While he's measuring the 3-phase cord he noticed that it was one phase short, but it wasn't gone. The missed phase was on the Neutral pole My colleauge asked the owner if he had more electrical problems and got as a anwer "Well.. My cellphone charger is broken, my electrical mixer overspeeded and died, the radio broke down etc..." Not wonder that everything broke down... The things got 2phase 400 volts instead of 1phase+N 230 volt, the soft ice machine just got 2ph 400volts +N instead of 3ph 400 volts. The 3ph "glove" was connected by a "Mr. Handyman" that didn't see the difference between blue and black

ouch, did you happen to get a new one from the supplier free of charge?

The 3ph package unit on a 1ph 208 is awful.. Especially after the crane has left. Remember that mess a few years ago. <_<

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12