Scottsman SCE170

Scottsman SCE170 has a bad pump. ice machines not my specialty. Favor for local firehouse. The factory pump $275. I found Little giant universal replacements running $65 to $135. Can I get away with it? any real life experiences??

If its a favor... Try oiling it. I have had very good luck getting the pumps working with a few drops in the bearings. Remember if you put too much it will drip in the water. I have one customer with a Scotsman I oiled 6 years ago and it's still going fine.

i always prefer factory parts. better chance of lasting repair, and going smoothly

I'm an OEM guy myself but I know guys that have used them with success.

its a freebie so im thinking what are possible problems with a generic ? mounting , wiring , water flow rate?? too much or too little going to make a dfference?. longevity not a big concern because machine is beat up and old.

Most of those universal pumps have application charts with them, if I remember correctly. I don't use them. Some of them had different ways of restriction and/or different impellers for different flow rates.