Thread: 50 ton voyager

50 ton voyager

im looking on some info on this trane unit also on this old frequency drive made by square D.
    trane M#tcd6ooae0j0c8nb5a00d000h0000n S#c02b01308 i called trane but they told me that model doesnt exist. i told them im positive because i read it off the unit to them.

square d info catalog # flex58D16m2 Altivar motor controller x13170294-14

any info?

Its probably an Altivar 66 drive but I cant find any literature for TCD600A only 600B which is newer. You can find the drive manual with google

is the drive located in the blower compartment? with a remote display? early 90's? if thats the case the drive is obsolete, dont call Trane, they are clueless like always, call Square D.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    is the drive located in the blower compartment? with a remote display? early 90's? if thats the case the drive is obsolete, dont call Trane, they are clueless like always, call Square D.
    call anybody BUT square d....those vfd's were not very reliable....the displays are horrible and fail often.

600A is easy to find. the closest IOM that I have the 'H and later' design sequence...you have the 'J and later' design sequence so some things may or may not be the same...you are looking for YC-IOM-11 dated October 2001

the next one that i have is RT-SVX17E-EN dated July 2007 with the 'V and later' design sequence. it has the VFD in it (although not much) but with Reliatel controls....you are somewhere in the middle.
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    call anybody BUT square d....those vfd's were not very reliable....the displays are horrible and fail often.

600A is easy to find. the closest IOM that I have the 'H and later' design sequence...you have the 'J and later' design sequence so some things may or may not be the same...you are looking for YC-IOM-11 dated October 2001

the next one that i have is RT-SVX17E-EN dated July 2007 with the 'V and later' design sequence. it has the VFD in it (although not much) but with Reliatel controls....you are somewhere in the middle.

thanks for the docs ima due some reading this weekend. and yes the drive is in the same compartment as the blower. with a small remote screen in the electrical pannel.

I encounter the same problems with Trane unable to find the VFD then I called Square D and to my surprise their tech support guy answer the phone on a Saturday afternoon and was very helpful.

The best way to find a Trane part is by calling Trane parts and giving them all of the numbers you can find. Their part numbers almost always start with an "x" . Your model was most likely superceded several times.

The Trane office by me always asked for the serial number never the model. They never had any issues finding the info.

Sent from my SGH-I777

Quote Originally Posted by Jettinvr6sc View Post
    The Trane office by me always asked for the serial number never the model. They never had any issues finding the info.

Sent from my SGH-I777
    i called trane on friday the guy with tech support wasnt much help, he kept pulling up other docs but not for this specific model. im not knocking him he tried several places. but he gave me another trane number to call, ill give them a call monday see what they can get for me. jay guy sent me some good info. i have alot to read this weekend ill let you know what i find.

I have had trouble with trane numbers from time to time where they have had to call factory and wait while they dug up original build sheets, but those were special units some had dehumidification in them, i actually think i have the manual for that drive in a box in the garage but it would probably take a coupla days to find it

Not a fan of those Telemechanique Altivar 66...those removable keypad displays were junk or always missing. Do like the remote option to place the keypads in the control compartment...but then again, they are usually missing or terded out, too. If it is just a keyboard issue, I have had pretty good success finding used replacements on ebay for dirt cheap, they pop up regularly. I keep an extra in the truck.