Where can I find a double barrelled marking gauge????

Hey there ive been looking around for a marking gauge for sheet metal. Seems the things are impossible to find if anyone knows anywhere online i can pick one up preferable a double barrel scratch gauge like the old stanley ones.
    Thanks alot
    Wes

Ebay, look for a mortise gauge. Usually find them in woodworking tools......and they are usually made from wood.... but those old stanleys and general tools metal gauges turn up from time to time.

Or make one.....

Block of metal, two 1/4 inch steel rods..... a couple of 1/8 inch pins..... you could use drill bits.....drill them into the rods where you want your pins and then grind off whatever you think you need for the scratch pins..... drill two holes in the block of metal for the rods to slide thru and then drill and tap a couple of holes for the wingbolts you will use to tighten down on the rods to keep them in place.
    One things for _______ sure, ________ rock didnt land on ______ sorry ___. That ___ __ _ _____ wasnt nowhere near _______ a _______ years ago. __ aint even a ______, __ is half _______ and half ________.

A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Thumbs up i knowz where the best r made

Hi Wes, St.James Bay Tool Co in meza az makes a verry nice double barrel marking gauge. it is identical to the stanley 91 only the body is cast in bronze. i have had mine for about 7 years and it has stood up to all kinds of wear and tear. the only thing you might want to do is replace the pin with tungston. the barrel is not incremented either but i always set mine to my ruler so thats not an issue for me. you will find a finer tool nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Wester399 View Post
    Hey there ive been looking around for a marking gauge for sheet metal. Seems the things are impossible to find if anyone knows anywhere online i can pick one up preferable a double barrel scratch gauge like the old stanley ones.
    Thanks alot
    Wes

st james bay tool company in meza

i know a couple of guys that tried the lee valley one and were not impressed by the profomence of the wheels and the durability if the fence of the scriber. bronze is harder than brass and will stand up to years of stainless scribing. save the wood working tools for wood working.

I found mine on Amazon, there are tons of different brands and choices. At good prices too! I bought a Robert Larson brand and I love it.