Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by heresjohnnyb View Post
    well temper temper mr. john. All these guys are trying to tell you is that something was more than likely overlooked. Equipment is designed a certain way for a reason. When you alter the design without finding out why the unit was having issues in the first place, you will get bombarded with interesting responses to it from this site, and it makes you look like a hack,mcgyver, do-it-yourselfer homeowner. Do you know how to find out if you have the right fuel air mixture. ....... oh yeah. i guess the h/exch warranty is void too. All manuf. do also have tech support.
    Yes I understand what you are saying. We called tech support and the local dealer where I got the parts and they had no answer at all. I tested everything I could think of on this and this is the second ICP RTU that has done this. I totally agree with you on what you are saying. I would not hack or jimmy rig any system. I believe in fixing it the right way. I did let that other guy get the best of me. When someone talks about stuff they have no clue on talking about I call them out. He had no clue. you sound like a person that has knowledge, what would you have done with doing all I did, what else would you have tried.

OK, I understand what you all are saying. I stand behind what I did. If I am wrong then I have learned. You all seem to be able to tear apart what I did but I hear know one with another solution to solve the problem. Even ICP or the local distributor could not help me out. So any true ideas other then what I have done.

Items replaced:
    Heat exchanger, because old on had holes in it
    role out safey, because old one was in very bad shape
    inducer motor assembly (motor,housing, & wheel), because motor was not spinning as freely as it should have.
    shortened baffles, because roll out was still tripping
    sealed around new heat exchanger face plate
    sealed all holes leading to blower compartment

items checked:
    gas pressure before and after regulatot & gas valve
    combustion test with fyrite combustion analyzer
    checked duct work for obstructions/ restrictions
    hooked magnahelic gauage up in line with pressure switch and inducer housing

What else can I check or do?

So, I have no clue, valdelocc has no clue, yet you are the one coming here for answers because...wait for it...you have no clue. I guess ICP has no clue either. Get your head out of your ass dude.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Not to be a dick but I'm going to be. Apparently the unit worked for many years before you touched it. In fact, it worked well enough for the heat exchanger to go bad. Now, I know I'm a union guy and we are really stupid when it comes to figuring things out. I can tell you where to get a good cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich though. You touched it. It doesn't work anymore. we can only assume,it worked fine with the baffles for years. Tell me, oh tell me Lord of HVAC why do you ask for help when you seem to know it all?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Can you see any flame rolling out?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

no

Now you have taken the baffles out so there is less heat transfer and move the air faster.(your statement). Now that will make the air coming out of the inducer hotter. Now the bearing on that inducer motor are seeing hotter gas and make the motor fail sooner.How do you tell them that. And now there gas bill goes up do to less heat transfer. how do you tell them this. Now you can say you can make anything run just do not say you can fix everything. do tell us.

So i would definitely look at the inducer. Is it possible you may have got the wrong motor?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I will be nice, LOL

I have never seen a gas pressure gauge say "good".
    What is the main gas pressure.
    What is your manifold pressure.
    What is the total BTU capacity.
    Is this a single stage system.
    What is the total CFM rating for this unit.
    Have you checked total external static and verified proper air flow.
    What is the static in the main supply duct.
    What is the static pressure for return.
    What is the static pressure in the combustion chamber with the inducer fan running.

Model No. and serial number

But I am still learning and looking for a new mentor

Every now and then I'll accidentally click on the tech-to-tech resi or commercial section instead of the pro one. It's like a bizarro world!

Two things I notice in tech-to-tech, new guys that throw insults out like candy at a parade, they burn hot for about one to two threads and then are never seen again, and/or crazy stories about what people are doing to units... Why not just change every part in the unit and the exchanger again for good measure?

The sad thing is these are the guys who would benefit from this site soooo much, like life changing benefit, but instead they get mad, grab their ball and go home, little do they know we have our own balls to play with...

Edit: bwahahaha!!! I teared up on that one, I was so serious and then I read the end again.

Sometimes you gotta cut them some slack for the fact that they just don't know!

Quote Originally Posted by alcomech View Post
    Sometimes you gotta cut them some slack for the fact that they just don't know!
    Hey you should get yourself on the pro status : ), it's a whole new level of learning in that section.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast