just another house

Nothin special el296v, hrv, aosmith tankless

Last edited by ssSparky; 03-05-2013 at 10:45 PM.

i like that the furnace installer made it ac ready saves money if the home owner later on wants ac

The flex sucks but other than that good job.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Great job

Tin looks a little odd prefab? Seems like missing crossbreaks ans awfully short chunks unless I'm seeing pic wrong

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter97 View Post
    Tin looks a little odd prefab? Seems like missing crossbreaks ans awfully short chunks unless I'm seeing pic wrong

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2
    I think they're cross-broke horizontally rather than diagonally.

i don't think its cross broke at all. looks like it was ran though a beader to me. Looks nice. Clean install, love those el296's

I don't like that takeoff so close to the plenum like that, always see too much or too little airflow from that area. The install looks nice and clean, I like the large return drop. I'm sure that system is quiet.

Thanks guys,the flex does suck
    Will prob do it different next time.
    All metal was bought except for drop 90 we made it it has cross breaks .the take off is close to the plenum dont normally do that but it is a short run to a small bathroom, works fine.

I like to use rigid pipe for hrv's, then just wrap it as I go or come back later with foil backed insulation, takes longer of course but the amount of friction loss and dynamic loss you save is incredible, plus it looks real good. I could never get a flex job to look real good. Nice work though

I really dislike seeing the intake and exhaust running right in front of evaporator coil access panel. I would like to see them come out the right side of the unit so the panel can easily be removed and evaporator cleaned.

Quote Originally Posted by drife678 View Post
    I really dislike seeing the intake and exhaust running right in front of evaporator coil access panel. I would like to see them come out the right side of the unit so the panel can easily be removed and evaporator cleaned.
    There are no other options on the EL296, or any of the other Lennox high efficiency furnaces. Can't rotate the inducer. Only possibility would be to turn the evaporator 90 degrees, but I'm not sure that it would line up on the furnace correctly as I've never tried it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

regarding exhaust/intake - we do mostly lennox. usually not a problem to remove the panel to service coil since the screws are not hidden. have seen rheem installs where the cased coil is rotated so access is 90 degrees away from pvc venting.