OSHA 10 hour corse

My new employer ask me if i had an OSHA 10 card. i said no never heard of it.
    does any one here have one?

you can take it online for a "small fee". Their is also an OSHA 40 card you can get

I took the 10 hr course 4 years ago. Most GEneral Contractors require them around here. Took it online on Sunday. Long boring day.

Lets go, burnin daylight.

i have the 10 and the 40. most of it is common sense stuff. i learned a few new things in the 40. i believe safety training is time well spent. accidents cause contractors mod rates to climb. if a contractor has high mod rates he won't be able to compete. less profit in jobs, more pushing to get the job done and no money for raises, new trucks, tools and bonuses.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

just did the OSHA 30, the 10 can't be much.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Every person where I work was required to take the class this past summer. I think the card is good forever but I'm not positive.

I had to sit through a required osha 30 course. It was painful to sit thru. mostly common sense stuff and graphic videos of people getting burned alive and getting their limbs cut off.

Does your potential employer want you to have it before you are hired or he is going to pay for it once your hired? Because i was thinking of getting an OSHA 40 card before i graduated for just this reason its not incredibly expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    i have the 10 and the 40. most of it is common sense stuff. i learned a few new things in the 40. i believe safety training is time well spent. accidents cause contractors mod rates to climb. if a contractor has high mod rates he won't be able to compete. less profit in jobs, more pushing to get the job done and no money for raises, new trucks, tools and bonuses.
    correction. i just checked it was the osha 30 not 40 as i incorectly stated. maybe it just seemed like 40
    Last edited by viceman; 03-02-2013 at 02:27 PM.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

http://www.osha.gov/dte/outreach/courses.html

The course dispels some old bad info. and sheds light on basics of regs. Geared towards construction sites. You take the course once in your life--no renewal required as last I heard. May help with WC rates if at least one 10hr. card holder on each truck. It's a long boring day but worth it. I took it when it was hosted by a large national track home builder.

Yeah it's just a 10 hour course where they will probably show a few slideshows, videos and stuff. When I took it there was also a small, very easy test at the end of everything. I took it when I was attending trade school so I'm not quite sure where you can take it in person.

I took a course like that last summer, it was more geared towards GC then HVAC, free drinks and doughnuts though!

Start safe stay safe
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them