Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Extreme burner efficiency

Cleaning debris on a motor blower wheel can cut the air better, and move more air. An in shot burner deliveres roughly twenty thousand b.t.u.'s each upon ignition. Let me say, maintenance only kills bacteria, molds, and mildews. Our heater had a problem, it was fogging at the flue often, and the smell of unpleasant conditions triggered allerrgies. Upon investigating the unit I found the drain broken off the secondary heat exchanger allowing the heater to pool up with acidic condensation which made an insulated cabinet a breeding ground for microbiological organisms. I simply removed the wire cable ties and used two five sixteenth hose clamps to secure the drain and starve the new found algae furnace. I want to do a CO test with palladium chloride after I clean the vestibule and re insulate. I know the water was really acidic and adding some calcium powder would perhaps slow down corrosion so it's possible to sprinkle some just below the heat exchanger back to the blower wall. When I clean the cabinet in spring, my idea was to use a silver nitrate solution for isolation of the calcium ion by disassociating bonding salts then disinfect with ammonia. This should improve burner efficiency...

I already used a flashlight to confirm no visible cracks.

Fantastic

Sounds like you fixed it, but I fail to see how it is any more efficient now.

Bright noxxx cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Sounds like you fixed it, but I fail to see how it is any more efficient now.
    Just cleaning the debris from foreign creatures allows the orange in a flame to subside, yielding a hotter burn. This tinge of impingement occurs due to dust for the most part; however it can curtail oxygen from emitting heat which diminishes efficiency. Study the laws of thermodynamics, that might explain the process in a whiter fashion...

I would love to see complete combustion but that's even impossible for the suN.

Excellent job!! The $.01 savings invested should yield a fortune

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    fasinanting....
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph'bidness View Post
    Just cleaning the debris from foreign creatures allows the orange in a flame to subside, yielding a hotter burn. This tinge of impingement occurs due to dust for the most part; however it can curtail oxygen from emitting heat which diminishes efficiency. Study the laws of thermodynamics, that might explain the process in a whiter fashion...
    Wow, where to start?

The fact is, an orange/yellow flame is almost always hotter than a blue flame. Without taking o2 readings in the flue, you have no idea of flame temp....

By the way Joseph, you have a very interesting profile page.

Have you met Fengshvac?

Say whattttt!?!?!

[QUOTE=chuckcrj;15349321]Wow, where to start?

The fact is, an orange/yellow flame is almost always hotter than a blue flame. Without taking o2 readings in the flue, you have no idea of flame temp.

I agree with that fact; however, I was sincerely driving a talking point with my writing. Have you ever used a torch like this?

http://www.nextag.com/oxyacetylene-torch/stores-html

Distance and light spectrum are a fascinating topic.

The other day I had another secondary hose fail on a brand new Carrier Infinity furnace. The collector box had a slippery nipple and the hose would not stay clamped. Why don't these furnaces come with hose clamps from the factory?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast