+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spot the problem

Post Likes

Spot the problem

Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    haha. remember the line from the three stooges, 'if y'all want water, just turn on anythang'.

Post Likes
    Um, the bottom outlet is plugged up and not flowing?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Obviously no overcurrent protection.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DDC_Dan View Post
    Um, the bottom outlet is plugged up and not flowing?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly! I can never get my snakes in the straight slots but the ground is just big enuff.

Post Likes
    Oops...... That is pretty crazy!!

Post Likes
    I have had that as a service call, along with it coming out the thermostat!!

I never did find out the exact pathway and how it happened, but I did discover that under the slab the boiler line must have ruptured, rusted the conduit for the electrical and then traveled up that, in multiple places to the stats and to a couple outlets.

This was a large commercial building with minimal maintenance done in the past. New occupants were not happy.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Maybe that installer was a newbie. I've seen in some basic electricity literature where the flow of current thru a circuit was compared with the flow of water thru plumbing. I never cared for that comparison myself, but maybe this guy did ....

Post Likes
    One time I was on the roof washing a coil and put the hose in what I thought was the plumbing vent turned out it was a conduit straight from the electrical box that was terminated ont he roof. Don't know why they did that.

Post Likes
    I give a dollar to whoever licks the water....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    I'd buy a ticket to watch that.....from a distance.

apparently water, is the new copper.
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    am i missing something????? how do you know there is still power at the outlet. Im sure it tripped the breaker. because the wires on the outlet would have a path to ground real quick. plus it would short hot and neutral and ground all together or i could be wrong. but i still think its a pretty good picture.

Post Likes
    That's taking using water flow analogy to an extreme

Post Likes
    I think that the electrons slowed down so much that they condensed. In turn the Ozone created as a result of condensation combined with free Hydrogen atoms and, of course, produced H2O. Hey... "It could Happen" !

Or something really bad happened and there is water running through the conduit that serves the outlet.
    Either way, I am just fine looking at the picture and NOT trying to find the problem.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    am i missing something????? how do you know there is still power at the outlet. Im sure it tripped the breaker. because the wires on the outlet would have a path to ground real quick. plus it would short hot and neutral and ground all together or i could be wrong. but i still think its a pretty good picture.

i think snapper was just being a funny guy
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagey57 View Post
    I think that the electrons slowed down so much that they condensed. In turn the Ozone created as a result of condensation combined with free Hydrogen atoms and, of course, produced H2O. Hey... "It could Happen" !

Or something really bad happened and there is water running through the conduit that serves the outlet.
    Either way, I am just fine looking at the picture and NOT trying to find the problem.
    Actually running electrical current through water will break the bond between hydrogen and oxygen. Combustion will join the 2

Post Likes
    Saw it on PBS

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    Not to sure about that. I was in a flooded basement when I was a lad. I was told by a neighbor to find the cord to the pedestal type sump pump and plug it in. No need to do so as the pump had fallen over and was running like mad under water just by my bare feet. Later my father who owned an electrical supply sales business wanted to strangle the guy for trying to turn his kid to toast.

One other crazy electrical survival story; one of our other neighbors had an abandoned garage that had a live electric line in it. As boys will do we found an old electric blanket to keep us warm while we used the place as a secret fort. The roof developed a leak and we found that stepping on the blanket when it was wet gave us a funny feeling up our legs.

This went on for a few days, until one day our fort was without electric, later we heard the house a about 200 feet away had lost all power. My father told us an electric blanket in their abandoned garage shorted out and caused the main breaker in the house to continue to trip. An electrician traced the cause to the garage, and then finding our secret entrance saw that the blanket had caught fire, burned through the cord shorting to the conduit.

Sometimes i wonder, as children how any of my friends and I made it to adulthood.
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in