Spot the problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think that the electrons slowed down so much that they condensed. In turn the Ozone created as a result of condensation combined with free Hydrogen atoms and, of course, produced H2O. Hey... "It could Happen" !

Or something really bad happened and there is water running through the conduit that serves the outlet.
    Either way, I am just fine looking at the picture and NOT trying to find the problem.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    am i missing something????? how do you know there is still power at the outlet. Im sure it tripped the breaker. because the wires on the outlet would have a path to ground real quick. plus it would short hot and neutral and ground all together or i could be wrong. but i still think its a pretty good picture.

i think snapper was just being a funny guy
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by Cagey57 View Post
    I think that the electrons slowed down so much that they condensed. In turn the Ozone created as a result of condensation combined with free Hydrogen atoms and, of course, produced H2O. Hey... "It could Happen" !

Or something really bad happened and there is water running through the conduit that serves the outlet.
    Either way, I am just fine looking at the picture and NOT trying to find the problem.
    Actually running electrical current through water will break the bond between hydrogen and oxygen. Combustion will join the 2

Saw it on PBS

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    am i missing something????? how do you know there is still power at the outlet. Im sure it tripped the breaker. because the wires on the outlet would have a path to ground real quick. plus it would short hot and neutral and ground all together or i could be wrong. but i still think its a pretty good picture.
    Not to sure about that. I was in a flooded basement when I was a lad. I was told by a neighbor to find the cord to the pedestal type sump pump and plug it in. No need to do so as the pump had fallen over and was running like mad under water just by my bare feet. Later my father who owned an electrical supply sales business wanted to strangle the guy for trying to turn his kid to toast.

One other crazy electrical survival story; one of our other neighbors had an abandoned garage that had a live electric line in it. As boys will do we found an old electric blanket to keep us warm while we used the place as a secret fort. The roof developed a leak and we found that stepping on the blanket when it was wet gave us a funny feeling up our legs.

This went on for a few days, until one day our fort was without electric, later we heard the house a about 200 feet away had lost all power. My father told us an electric blanket in their abandoned garage shorted out and caused the main breaker in the house to continue to trip. An electrician traced the cause to the garage, and then finding our secret entrance saw that the blanket had caught fire, burned through the cord shorting to the conduit.

Sometimes i wonder, as children how any of my friends and I made it to adulthood.
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12