Medium temp R-22 to R134a

Medium temp R-22 to R134a

I am working on a pepsi vending machine that has a grounded compressor. I have an R22 skid that was ordered wrong and non returnable. I am going to verify but I think they they are both same horse power compressor. the original is r134a. Would I have an issue if I installed the new condensing unit skid intended for 22 and charged with 134 a. I think it should work fine but just wanted to see if anybody had some major concerns.
    I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart.

If it was designed for R-22 and you don't want to put R-22 in it, I would consider MO99 (R-438A) or R-407C. They both have closer matches in performance to R-22 than R-134a will. R-407C will require POE oil so if the new condensing unit has mineral oil you can either use MO99 with the existing oil, or change to POE and go with R407C. Good Luck

Then again, if the evap and expansion device are designed for 134a you will always have a mismatched system if you use the R-22 designed cond unit, no matter what gas. Best bet is to use a 134a cond unit, with R-134a, and hook up to the 134a machine. Otherwise something will always be sub optimized.

Yeah. I decided to go back with the correct unit compressor. Would have been nice but I'm already married...I don't need to be married to a machine also. I may try to experiment on something that does not matter in the future but IM going to play it safe this time.