Carbon monoxide + bathroom vents

Random question. I have a home automation system that can react to carbon monoxide alarms. right now, i have it set to turn off all vents and HVAC if the CO or smoke alarm goes off. Wondering if, however, I should have the bathroom vents go on instead if CO is detected.

What are your thoughts? It seems the conventional wisdom is that the negative pressure is bad in general, but if CO is already at dangerous levels, wouldn't venting it be preferable?

NO, But, If your CO detector goes off...GET out of the house..

CO alarms do Not protect from CO poisoning---they supposedly protect from CO death. By the time those things alert, you by definition already have CO poisoning so get everyone out immediately! Don't worry about changes to the building. Worry about alerting everyone and egress. Then call the cavalry from outdoors.

if the CO alarm goes off, that little bathroom vent won't do you much by staying on, yes get out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by davidology View Post
    Random question. I have a home automation system that can react to carbon monoxide alarms. right now, i have it set to turn off all vents and HVAC if the CO or smoke alarm goes off. Wondering if, however, I should have the bathroom vents go on instead if CO is detected.

What are your thoughts? It seems the conventional wisdom is that the negative pressure is bad in general, but if CO is already at dangerous levels, wouldn't venting it be preferable?

Exhausting for dilution is fine provided the alarm continues and requires manual reset.