Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Appion had a few problems with the extractor but responded and the new tools are great. Never heard of the 'O' ring problem with them.

There is a guy on H-talk that sells an extractor for broken Schrader cores-

http://www.valvecoretool.com/
    I bought both (1/4" and 5/16") one year ago and they don't grip the Schader. Is this the problem with the extractor that you've mentioned?

Thanks,
    Eduardo

Another Appion vote

The original extractor tended to shoot out under pressure causing the extractor tip to break off. Appion machined a swell in the tip to catch the shaft before it shot out the back of the tool and thus preserve it. They also improved the 'O' rings. I believe the old extractor shaft was brass and the new is stainless steel. Fritz did a long video on YouTube if you want to watch it.

Seems bugs worked out and all I hear is happy techs.

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Hvac5646.

Spend $5,000+ on tools at my local Jmart. They take care of me and their pricing is only beaten by Internet on rare instances.

Selling my YJ and C&D to the apprentice on our team to buy another appion CRT.
    It simply works.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    The original extractor tended to shoot out under pressure causing the extractor tip to break off. Appion machined a swell in the tip to catch the shaft before it shot out the back of the tool and thus preserve it. They also improved the 'O' rings. I believe the old extractor shaft was brass and the new is stainless steel. Fritz did a long video on YouTube if you want to watch it.

Seems bugs worked out and all I hear is happy techs.
    hearthman, thank you very much! I΄ve seen the 48 minutes video. The problem is the plunger, but it doesn΄t matter to me because the CRT is being used to pull a vacuum in new mini splits only.

Probable, what was missing in the test was to close and open the CRT valve when the pump was pulling the vacuum, to release the air that was trapped in the ball valve. This would explain the fast rise from 20 to 70 microns.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Where are you finding Appion CRT for $40 +?

Best I have seen is low fifty dollar range.
    Johnstone has them on sale for $44

I wish the guy who made valvecoretool.com made one that integrates into an appion CRT.

Quote Originally Posted by socotech View Post
    Johnstone has them on sale for $44
    Just looked at my Jstone circular....You r right...44bucks..I got my last one from TTT for 55bucks. Not gonna complain for ten dollars.

They take care of a guy.

is there a fix for my appions not wanting to grab the schraeder? they have had the problem from new.

Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    is there a fix for my appions not wanting to grab the schraeder? they have had the problem from new.
    There was a thread about it somewhere, call appion I think they will send you a new plunger. I keep forgetting to get mine fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    In this page there is a comment:
    "Our exchange policy here is simple: show us how many core removal tools you have, either by proof of purchase or by sending us the old, non-working plungers. Otherwise, anyone could simply ask for any quantity of plungers. If you have any feedback here, please contact Christian at the factory."

Received my appion valve core removers on Friday along with the rapid evac kit from trutechtools.
    Cant wait to try it out against the way i was told at school.

Haha, i just ordered another Appion for myself and stumbled upon this thread. Ive been using a YJ that I've had for years and an Appion. The YJ I recently found leaks past the ball valve. So, appion gets my vote too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast