Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Yes 22 LR is a very popular round and the supply side has dwindled down,but its only a matter of time when the supply will come back.
    CCI Green Tag is out in all stores. Remmington Target by the brick forget about it.

Only shoot subsonic through the High Standards.
    FEN

I usually shoot CCI mini mags as Federal is filthy in the little autos for some reason. Remington, even bulk, is cleaner than Federal but the CCI runs really clean for some reason. Must be the powder but I don't what exactly is different about it. Remington gold runs pretty clean too - but you can't get any of them now so I guess I better stock up on solvent before that supply gets short too. <g>

The USA out of ammo and new guns - I never would have guessed it - and never thought I'd even see it. Makes me sorry now I didn't buy more shares of SGR for cheap when Barrack got elected the first time. <g>

I sure hope you're right about supply being back by summer.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Yes 22 LR is a very popular round and the supply side has dwindled down,but its only a matter of time when the supply will come back.
    CCI Green Tag is out in all stores. Remmington Target by the brick forget about it.

Only shoot subsonic through the High Standards.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

The Remmington Target is a decent buy for serious plinking,by the brick.

Some folks don't like it due to FTF,but thats ok cause I turn it into a training tool.

Mix the FTF back into the mags and it catches you with proper follow through,and to avoid the slightest hint of slapping a light trigger.
    FEN

same thing happened when he was first put in to office. I figured it would happen again this time around. I stocked up a month before.
    Just have to ride it out for a few more months till they catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    .22LR is just about all I shoot and, although I have heard that 'gov. is buying all ammo as a means of backdoor gun banning' idea before, the idea that it was even including .22LR seemed unlikely to me.

Although maybe it would make sense as .22LR is the most popular and most used round and has been for a lot of years. And btw: which kills more people every year than any other round. <g>

It's interesting to me that the entire US military and all police services combined are said to have between three and four Million guns. Whereas civilian guns number well over a quarter Billion. <g>
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/Main.aspx?

Try this link for deals on ammo, it comes and goes, best price I ever found for a big plastic ammo can of .22LR.

I don't think there is any government conspiracy here. Our combined armed services has been counted at 500,000 persons. Ifr you counted police and DHS and FBI and all you might come up with 3 or 4 million, maybe I suppose. But that is only one percent of our population. The second amendment is there for a reason, we vastly outnumber them.

Obama has caused an ammo-run. Gun sales are at record highs. He is going to institute, or try, a partial national gun ban. That causes panic buying. Same thing when incandescent bulbs were outlawed. Much different issue, but the same panic buying rush.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Anybody here ever shoot Eley or Fiocchi ?
    PHM
    --------

I've used Fiocchi shotgun ammunition with great success.

Sorry - I meant Fiocchi .22LR AND out of an automatic handgun. <g>

I suspect that most auto FTF's are too light of a load. So the idea of using the subs makes me a little cautious. That's why I was asking. <g>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I've used Fiocchi shotgun ammunition with great success.
    PHM
    --------

I do or did. Eley is out of my price range, and Fiocchi is getting there. Both shot well in my Anschutz rifles.

The ammo is going to all the scared munchkins. These people sit outside of Walmart and wait for the truck to come in, then they go inside and buy every bit of ammo before it can even be put on the shelves. Some police stations can't even get ammo right now.

You would think that when nothing happened after the first ammo shortage during Obama's term that folks woulda learned.

As far as the government buying all of the ammo for any bad reason....the NRA has proved that to be a myth.

Have to laugh at that , I bought all the ammo years ago that I would ever need back in the 80's when it was real cheap. I just went with the idea that it would always get higher in cost so why not buy huge quanities while its cheap

Did the same with my favorite fishing lures, Mass quanities at about 69 cents apiece where there now $3.49 each. The rapalas and other like the cd9 countdowns I paid about $2.69 and they now sell for just under $9.00 each

Will never forget the day I did a bid for a salesman for a large sportings good distributor. He was more then willing to get me a great price on all tackle and ammo I wanted once we got to be friends after I did his job. Made sense to get it then whle he was willing

I cant believe how fishing tackle and ammo has skyrocketed

Do you have any evidence to support that theory?

The thought occurred to me so I was just looking up total annual US government ammo contracts versus total annual US ammo production.

PHM
    -------
    I have a friend that used to be in the arms manufacturing business. This is the same thing that happened about 5 years ago during that ammo shortage. All the big manufacturers do government contracts. As part of the deal, they MUST accept orders and if they don't they will be shut down. The gov. has contracted them to make as much ammo as they can in the prescribed period. (one year I think). This is not a secret, but apparently not common knowledge. They basically binge and purge. Stockpile then use the ammo. With the wars and possible problems with Iran, and North Korea, they are currently stockpiling. When they get their fill, the ammo manufacturers will return to normal production, but while they are making ammo for the government, that is all they are doing. This is nothing new, just business as usual.

Fiocchi primers work just fine, put the come in packages of 150 and they are on there sides. Not flat like federal or Winchester. when you try and put them on a primer tray, they roll all over and you have to flip the try a couple times to get them in the primer tube.
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast