Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Where is all the ammo ?

New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Kentucky = no luck.

And Cabelas is Totally out of even .22LR ???

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

The gubmints buying it all up to either shoot all of us or prevent all of us from shooting them.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Do you have any evidence to support that theory?

The thought occurred to me so I was just looking up total annual US government ammo contracts versus total annual US ammo production.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    The gubmints buying it all up to either shoot all of us or prevent all of us from shooting them.
    PHM
    --------

Similar situation in Phoenix. The ammo shelves are looking pretty bare most places. I reload (primarily for plinking) and they just look at me like I'm daft when I ask for powder and primers - there are none to be found here. I found an internet retailer that will accept backorders, after about 3 weeks they have my powder (Unique) in stock, just waiting for the primers to come in. I picked a crummy time to run out...

My buddy just came from the Albuquerque knife & gun show and they want $50 for a brick of no- name 22LR - This is nuts!

It is all the, 'I got to be ready for anything' types that clean out the shelves when it comes in. Don't bother me, I have about 5000 rounds and enough reloading supplies for a while.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

My nephew and my brother sell knives and such every weekend at various show in and around Richmond Va. My brother, and ex cop who still carry's, said each and ever show for years now has lines waiting at the door before the shows open and those folks run to the ammon section of the shows, which are always located in the back for some reason according to my brother, and they buy up all the ammo.

My brother, a collector of guns, states that ammunition can be regulated out of business or limited greatly by laws and taxes and that is much more easier then confiscating guys from individuals. He's been around and I trust his judgement so I think he's on to something.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

It seems like I've seen an awful lot of stories lately about the TSA buying up millions and millions of rounds of ammo (450 million in this one story alone). Mission creep?

Just give it a few months and ammo will be in supply again.

Last week a gun store I visited downtown was selling 9mm and 5.56 for 1.00 a pop........

I freaked out over that....and could have kicked myself for not buying a couple thousand of dollars worth back when it was cheap and selling it outside of local gun shows now for a smart profit today.....

Just a few weeks ago they were selling 500 round bricks of 22 long rifle here for 30 bucks.... but I have not checked prices lately.

The TSA isnt buying up all the ammo.... Its people who got more money than common sense buying it up.

I knew a guy who went nuts after omammy first got elected and he was taking off on weekends and spending his paychecks going out of town and out of state hunting up guns and ammo to buy.....

Middle of summer....ammo will be plentiful..... probably be able to get some cheap deals on guns too as people who bought during the obama scares and went out of their way spending money on guns that they probably could have used for more practical reasons...try to sell them...lol

Ive seen that too.... and the dolts always try to get out of it what they put into it.

Bottom dollar ar clones going for 2 grand......lol..... you wont ever get that money back.... unless you sell it during the next scare...but then... the people who buy them are not going to sell them the next time a scare comes along.....they are going to be looking to shell out 2 to 3 times the value on another one......lol
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    It is all the, 'I got to be ready for anything' types that clean out the shelves when it comes in. Don't bother me, I have about 5000 rounds and enough reloading supplies for a while.
    That is pretty much the correct answer. I have never EVER been able to purchase ammo in the amounts I wish, the dealers just do not keep it in stock. I buy in quantity. I am not weird, I am used to living in the country and I buy everything in quantity whether it be bullets or chunky soup. If I need one, then I need 2 dozen.

When I bought my mom's gun before Christmas I picked up some more ammo for me too, only got one box 25 count, that was all they had and a common caliber. No more "in the back", I asked them. This is a major store in Plano, must have 8 or 10 other customers there when I went in and 3 or 4 guys working the counter.

I thought it was pretty outrageous they did not have any ammo, but I run into the exact same problem at the air conditioning supply houses, they just do not keep chit in stock that we expect them to have. Any small run on supply will clear the shelves.

The ammo you want is in our bunkers, LOL..
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    That is pretty much the correct answer. I have never EVER been able to purchase ammo in the amounts I wish, the dealers just do not keep it in stock. I buy in quantity. I am not weird, I am used to living in the country and I buy everything in quantity whether it be bullets or chunky soup. If I need one, then I need 2 dozen.

When I bought my mom's gun before Christmas I picked up some more ammo for me too, only got one box 25 count, that was all they had and a common caliber. No more "in the back", I asked them. This is a major store in Plano, must have 8 or 10 other customers there when I went in and 3 or 4 guys working the counter.

I thought it was pretty outrageous they did not have any ammo, but I run into the exact same problem at the air conditioning supply houses, they just do not keep chit in stock that we expect them to have. Any small run on supply will clear the shelves.

The ammo you want is in our bunkers, LOL..
    Yeah, common items that you need every day that do not go bad are best had when they go on sale and in bulk. If there comes a time I don't need those rolls of toilet paper in the closet I probably won't need much of anything.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

I am only short of .22LR

.22LR is just about all I shoot and, although I have heard that 'gov. is buying all ammo as a means of backdoor gun banning' idea before, the idea that it was even including .22LR seemed unlikely to me.

Although maybe it would make sense as .22LR is the most popular and most used round and has been for a lot of years. And btw: which kills more people every year than any other round. <g>

It's interesting to me that the entire US military and all police services combined are said to have between three and four Million guns. Whereas civilian guns number well over a quarter Billion. <g>
    PHM
    --------

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast