Trane CGAM Reset

Trane CGAM Reset

Have a customer that says he has two CGAM080 Chillers and the units have shut down on multiple alarms. He cannot reset the alarms. I am going monday to check them out. The IOM manual says there are local and remote resets. How do you reset these alarms.

Thanks

Address the issue causing the alarm then push the reset button on the display.

yea. both these units do not have 15 or 20 problems displaying alarms. The tech said the alarms will not clear. I am reading the oem. and would like to know the how to reset these alarms. It maybe he cant reset these by local reset so what I am asking how do you reset remotely ( techview)

All alarms can be reset locally as we'll as remotely via TechView. If they APPEAR to not be resetting, what is probably happing is the alarm is immediately coming back because the ISSUE CAUSING THE ALARM has not been resolved.

I dont have access to techview. I should have worded this differantly. Every single alarm these chillers can display is in alarm. I do not beleive these units have 15 or more problems.Probably a software problem. I just have to go check them out monday.

it is doubtful that every single, possible alarm programmed into the unit is coming up...there are probably 200 different alarms that are monitored/programmed into the unit...and you only get to see the last 20 anyway. it is possible that the main board lost communication with all of the sensors and boards, in which case you need to address the communication issue....i.e. broken (or more than likely an unplugged) comm cable.
    You either love bacon or you are wrong.

4 gallons of gas, 2 miles of travel, teaching my daughters how to drive in the high school parking lot...priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    it is doubtful that every single, possible alarm programmed into the unit is coming up...there are probably 200 different alarms that are monitored/programmed into the unit...and you only get to see the last 20 anyway. it is possible that the main board lost communication with all of the sensors and boards, in which case you need to address the communication issue....i.e. broken (or more than likely an unplugged) comm cable.
    That's what I'm thinking too.

I had a power supply on an RTAC drop 24v to the ipc buss and Llids, caused a long laundry list of comm failures. Maybe he's having this problem? Going to have to see the faults, because as mentioned if you can't reset it....the problem is still existing.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

critter chewed all the wires to the press.transducers, water sensors and temp sensors. never seen this before.

I have seen it a lot.