Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 27 to 37 of 37
  1. #27
    Personally I do not see the advantage of a right angle head.

    My YJ hydraulic iss just as easy to use with my right or left hand.

    Up to now I have had no trouble getting into tight spots.

    The fact Hilmor does not go to 1 5/8 (have to buy bigger heads) is not appealing.

    The fit and finish on Hilmor is better, but I don't buy mechanical tools for aesthetic reasons. I am a little unsure of Hilmor after the price increases. It's not like they had a deeply rooted presence and had earned themselves a reputation here yet.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fremont, Indiana
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Personally I do not see the advantage of a right angle head.

    My YJ hydraulic iss just as easy to use with my right or left hand.

    Up to now I have had no trouble getting into tight spots.

    The fact Hilmor does not go to 1 5/8 (have to buy bigger heads) is not appealing.

    The fit and finish on Hilmor is better, but I don't buy mechanical tools for aesthetic reasons. I am a little unsure of Hilmor after the price increases. It's not like they had a deeply rooted presence and had earned themselves a reputation here yet.
    Are you talking about the reverse angle adapter????
    Lol
    Has nothing to do with right hand, or left hand!
    Maybe you were just pulling our chain!

    sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

  3. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    Are you talking about the reverse angle adapter????
    Lol
    Has nothing to do with right hand, or left hand!
    Maybe you were just pulling our chain!

    sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Talking about what the Hilmor Rep said in the video.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Savannah, Ga/H.H. Island, S.C.
    Posts
    1,458
    Ok, checked the Hilmor website about this product again tonight.

    It now lists that it will swage pipe as large as 1-5/8" diameter. The kit only has sizes up to 7/8 but the larger size heads are sold separately.

    I'm glad they finally got this listed correctly.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    1,102
    The price of the swage tool went up also. Not one sold and already raising prices.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

  6. #32
    I just bought one of the Hilmor Swaging Kits at Johnstone yesterday. Wont release from the tubing after expanding. I have to unscrew the die from the body. Plus the Chrome plating on the Hydraulic body is already starting to bubble. Going back tomorrow.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Savannah, Ga/H.H. Island, S.C.
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by FillthyMonkey View Post
    I just bought one of the Hilmor Swaging Kits at Johnstone yesterday. Wont release from the tubing after expanding. I have to unscrew the die from the body. Plus the Chrome plating on the Hydraulic body is already starting to bubble. Going back tomorrow.
    That's not surprising.

    I have never been more disappointed in a tool manufacturer than I am with Hilmor.

    I was really excited when their advertising campaign came out "Retool and Conquer".

    But once the product hit the market combined with their lack of customer service, it didn't take long for the excitement to turn to disappointment.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    I was really excited when their advertising campaign came out "Retool and Conquer".

    But once the product hit the market combined with their lack of customer service, it didn't take long for the excitement to turn to disappointment.
    I was looking forward to some of their stuff too, especially after getting some hands on with them at the AHR Expo.

    I guess it shouldn't come as any great surprise, the same parent company that owns Hilmor also owns the Lennox and Irwin tool brands, so they already have a solid track record for acquiring and ruining previously respected brands by delivering 2nd rate products.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    823
    I bought the orbital flaring tool today and it was the best I have used. Lets hope it stands the test of time.

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    467
    One of our techs has their digital gauges. Less than a month old and the high side of the manifold when opened will not allow any pressure to go through. I told him to send it back and try the smans. (they said if he did not like them he could bring them back and switch)

    Also another one has there 10 in 1 and the metal piece inside the handle. pulls out when you try to flip the shaft around. Same with the 1/4 to 5/16 nut driver i got 2 weeks ago the inset pulls out with the shaft.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    373
    I wonder If/When Milwaukee will make those copper swage heads for there ProPex Expander, The Heads and Expander part Look damn near identical in design to me....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event