+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Html code

Post Likes

Html code

Never write a line of html code before in my life. This is my first html code for webpage. I've been clicking and pasting for the past week.
    Anyway, what I have is the Carel Pcoweb talking to the Carel pco controller. The data is being passing between them two. My deal is to write the html code to have web page.

The data includes analog values, digital values, and integer values. Analog and Integer are good to me. BUT the digital is what I have problem with.

For example: My integer value with address #1 (I know from the controller is BLOWER)

The value for address #1 is either 0 or 1 passing from the controller to the Web.

I want to write the html code so such that

Instead of "0" we want it "OFF" or "STOP" or "LAG"

Instead of "1" we want it "ON" or "START" or "LEAD"

How to write it?

Thanks

Post Likes
    You'll need some JavaScript for that piece...

Post Likes
    as you know pcoweb is a card that sits inside pco controller. although it can host webpages, from my past experience, it is too small to act as a graphical front end. I usually used pcoweb to get the pco data to bacnet/ip and then put a small separate webserver on it.
    having said that, I think there was a very brief instruction sheet in how to embed data tags in pcoweb's html pages, if you don't have that, I can try to dig it up.
    anyway,
    And as USC says, you need some type scripting to to say, turn 0 into "off" or 1 into "on", if I understand correctly pure html is just for data display.
    I would't try to load up too much graphics and stuff in pcoweb itself, my 2cents.
    Last edited by amigo; 03-02-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Post Likes
    Like everyone else said, this will require JavaScript.

I'm not sure how much you have researched yet, but a site called W3Schools is an excellent source when learning HTML, CSS and basic JavaScript. http://www.w3schools.com/. With JavaScript and HTML, your desired webpage isn't too hard to write.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ewang View Post

With JavaScript and HTML, your desired webpage isn't too hard to write.
    Not for this blind.

Thanks to all.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in