+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Programming and commissioning through FX-60

Post Likes

Programming and commissioning through FX-60

Hey guys, is there a version of the commissioning software that would allow us to upload, download, commission, etc.. Unt's or Vav's through an FX front end? Also would this allow us to do so remotely with certain ports open?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Are you asking about N2 Tunneling? I think it requires an upgrade to the license. Here is a good discussion about it... http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....0-n2-tunneling.

Post Likes
    Sorry, I forgot. HVAC Pro and GX 9100 are not supported. It is mentioned in the Workbench procedure.

Post Likes
    You can use the bacnet routing fuction if youre using the pcg controllers. It is also possible with the old legacy fx controllers too, bacnet and n2 both work. Its painful with the fx n2 controllers though.

Post Likes
    Sorry, I should have clarified. My intent was to reprogram or commission a UNT hanging on an FX60. I know with our NAE's it's possible with tools, just looking to do the same with the Jace. I did come across an older thread that mentions needing to disable the bus then tunnel through to upload and download. This thread is 5 years old though. Didn't know if anything has changed good or bad to support this?

Post Likes
    Code No. LIT-12011149
    Issued August 2, 2011
    Serial Tunnel and HVAC Pro Due to inconsistent behavior between HV AC Pro and the Serial Tunnel Service, HVAC Pro downloads are not supported. Serial Tunnel and GX 9100 Programming Tool
    Due to inconsistent behavior between GX 9100 Programming Tool and the Serial Tunnel Service, GX 9100 downloads are not supported.

Post Likes
    Got it. Thank you for the info.

Has anyone found a third party work around to do the same?

Post Likes
    Unplug the N2 trunk from the FX60 and plug it into this http://s2innovations.com/s2usb485-interface now scan and upload with HVACpro. Kind of a pita but its the easiest thing to do.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kontrolthis View Post
    Got it. Thank you for the info.

Has anyone found a third party work around to do the same?
    Good day KontrolThis,

Stay tuned... We have something in the works for one of our customers. Sadly, it will be a few months before I will have additional info/results that I can post.

Cheers,

Sam

Post Likes
    s2sam,
    Now you have my attention !

I really, Really, REALLY, want to know what you have in the works. Email me when you have something to share, Please !

A driver ? An interface ? What ???? I know, it will be a few month but I don't want to wait.

Thanks
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !
    You cannot protect the Stupid from themselves !
    "Experience is the ability to recognize a mistake Before you make it again!" (Stolen Quote)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagey57 View Post
    s2sam,
    Now you have my attention !

I really, Really, REALLY, want to know what you have in the works. Email me when you have something to share, Please !

A driver ? An interface ? What ???? I know, it will be a few month but I don't want to wait.

Thanks
    Good day Cagey,

Sadly, I cannot give you too many details just yet, as the project has not yet officially started (currently 3 ahead of this one). What I can say is that we have three different approaches that we will be evaluating/testing to see what works best... If all goes well, then the solution/variation would be applicable to non FX Users too. I will report back once I have more concrete information, but like I said, it will be a number of months yet.

Cheers,

Sam

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by s2sam View Post
    Good day Cagey,

Sadly, I cannot give you too many details just yet, as the project has not yet officially started (currently 3 ahead of this one). What I can say is that we have three different approaches that we will be evaluating/testing to see what works best... If all goes well, then the solution/variation would be applicable to non FX Users too. I will report back once I have more concrete information, but like I said, it will be a number of months yet.

Cheers,

Sam
    Let us know if you need beta testers.

Post Likes
    Yes likewise.

Thanks

Post Likes
    S2sam,
    Not sure that we could qualify as a beta test site but we do support multiple N2 bus customers. Please give us a sneak peek as soon as you can !!!

Thanks...

Post Likes
    Good day Noskilltech, kontrolthis, TommyC11,

Thanks for offers to test! Indeed, I will certainly keep you all in mind should we need additional testers.

Cheers,

Sam

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in