Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aux heat sequence

During aux heat on a heat pump, how many elements come on if we say its a 15kw pack in conjunction with the heat pump to raise the temp 1 degree??

Ask the thermostat cause i dont know.

It depends on the equipment, controls used, and how it is all wired and

In most cases, aux heat will be all of the element,
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ac_man View Post
    During aux heat on a heat pump, how many elements come on if we say its a 15kw pack in conjunction with the heat pump to raise the temp 1 degree??
    Your missing so much information in your question that I think the answer is William..., could be George though..
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

As said earlier. Depends on the thermostat and how the system is wired up. Could be 5, 10 , or the full 15 KW.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    As said earlier. Depends on the thermostat and how the system is wired up. Could be 5, 10 , or the full 15 KW.
    Or, it could be 5 aux, 10 defrost and 15 emergency. More info required.
    LN

Many heat kits will energized all banks of heat when aux is energized from stat but like the other guys said, it depends on how its set up. On alot of Trane stuff we do, I'll hook up a 15kW heat pk to energize 5kw during defrost or whenever aux is used and the other 10kW for Em Heat. Again, it depends on the equipment, look at schematic for the heat pk.

If I put the system in, assuming you have three 5kw elements then the answer would probably be three. If someone who likes to stage the aux heat installed it, then the answer would probably be one or two. You also have to assume that the HP along with whatever KW aux heat has enough capacity to raise the temp. 1 degree to answer the question.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

So my understanding is that u can wire a couple of elements to regular heat and then wire all to emergency heat correct?? Which means 2 elements to "w2" and then all to "e" em heat,correct??

Ask the thermostat cause i dont know.

Then why did you bother to post? This used to be a nice place to gain knowledge from good decent mechanics always willing to help. Now there are just too many answers like that with absolutely nothing to be gained by anyone.
    Perhaps the op doesn't fully understand the trade. With answers like that he never will.

I feel the same way freonjohn, they shouldn't be allowed on this site with smarta** answer like that

I feel the same way freonjohn, they shouldn't be allowed on this site with smarta** answer like that
    Sometimes, an answer like that is a response to a post that doesn't offer sufficient information, indicating that the poster may not have done his own due diligence.

Speaking for myself, I would want to hear about the model, the serial number, how many heat sequencers there are, how the system is wired to the stat, and what the schematic indicates. Then, if there is a question, we might have an opportunity to actually give him a good answer.

So my understanding is that u can wire a couple of elements to regular heat and then wire all to emergency heat correct?? Which means 2 elements to "w2" and then all to "e" em heat,correct??
    Most HP thermostats have a separate E terminal which serves as first stage heat if set to emergency heat but the second stage doesn't normally change & runs like usual during normal or emergency heat.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast