Great business plan

So tomorrow the cigarette tax goes up another dollar and smokes will be over $12 a pack in Chicago. I quit smoking 14 years ago and it won't affect me. Cook County sherrif Tom Dart is cracking down on counterfeit smokes imported from China being sold for $7 a pack. The fine for selling counterfeit smokes is 250k. I guess they'll get their tax dollars one way or another. I don't advocate breaking the law. People smoking Kools and Newports(the brands they showed on the tube) IMO seem to be budget minded. Seems to me a heck of a business plan. Give a man a check and take back as much as you can.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    So tomorrow the cigarette tax goes up another dollar and smokes will be over $12 a pack in Chicago. I quit smoking 14 years ago and it won't affect me. Cook County sherrif Tom Dart is cracking down on counterfeit smokes imported from China being sold for $7 a pack. The fine for selling counterfeit smokes is 250k. I guess they'll get their tax dollars one way or another. I don't advocate breaking the law. People smoking Kools and Newports(the brands they showed on the tube) IMO seem to be budget minded. Seems to me a heck of a business plan. Give a man a check and take back as much as you can.
    Whats good for General Bullmoose is good for the USA.

All of the stores just across the county line love it.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

According to this Chicago Tribune article, it appears some folks are already licking their chops waiting for the tax money to arrive into their coffers. They even admit in the article that after the first windfall, the money will start to decrease.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6703005.story
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

I switched to electric device smoking about two years ago, best thing I've ever done. I cant call it a cigarette, its a device with two(or one)batteries and a cartomizer on top. Anyone here who still smokes I highly recommend it, you wont believe the difference it makes, I could tell in just two weeks

http://www.puresmoker.com/default.asp

And I forgot to add, about 1/8th of what cigs costs.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Good!! I hope they find some more stuff to tax!! Those retards in Chicago that keep voting for the city govt they have deserve everything they get! Crime, poverty, corruption, never ending tax liability. No sympathy for Chicago. All self inflicted. Chasing Detroit for the undisputed title of arm pit of America. IMHO.

I think anything that is bad for you..... should be taxed to the max. Cigs, tobacco products, beer, wine, alcohol..... any mood altering drug...even a prescription one.. handguns, long guns that are not bolt actions or single shots...... large cap mags..... ammunition and ammunition components.... red meat.....

I wish I could stop smoking but I just have so much on me now.....and I just dont have the willpower...... right now......

I do feel like a true blue american though....... Ive got that "cant do it right now" spirit flowing thru my veins at over a million psi......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    I switched to electric device smoking about two years ago, best thing I've ever done. I cant call it a cigarette, its a device with two(or one)batteries and a cartomizer on top. Anyone here who still smokes I highly recommend it, you wont believe the difference it makes, I could tell in just two weeks

http://www.puresmoker.com/default.asp

And I forgot to add, about 1/8th of what cigs costs.
    Roy
    Great site for ordering but what the hell is the stuff. Doesn't say one thing about it at all. Does it have nicotine like regular cigarettes or what. My wife is addicted to smoking and would like to get her off. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Great site for ordering but what the hell is the stuff. Doesn't say one thing about it at all. Does it have nicotine like regular cigarettes or what. My wife is addicted to smoking and would like to get her off. Thank you very much
    The e-liquid has nicotine added you can order it with more at first and cut down as needed.
    I quit cigs after 49 years with the e-cig. and feel and smell a whole lot better.
    Here is the best place to get familiar with the products.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Glenn, they do have nicotine. The brands and strength vary greatly. mistic brand is best I can refer, clean cig brand is a fair second. Low nicotine options sound like a bad idea anyway and don't taste as good. blucigs brand taste like smoking apple peels. My brother quit smoking with the e-cigs. My family has all bought me some, they are round, and make terrible paperweights because they roll.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV