Thread: Cops in schools

Thumbs up Cops in schools

http://todaynews.today.com/_news/201...taxpayers?lite

Allow the people the freedom to think and act and they will find solutions without government and in spite of government.

All schools here in Cumberland County (Fayetteville, NC) have 1 deputy assigned to each school. They are SRO's (school resource officers). I'm not sure if it is a common practice throughout the state, but maybe it should be common practice nationwide.

We have sros here too...in the high schools at least. 1 of them killed a man last summer who entered a local high school with a gun in order to kill the prinicipal who had gotten his brother fired..... Off duty deputy went "angry black woman" on his no good good for nothing and evidently god forsaken soul ....

She is a black female deputy in case someone starts whining about me being racist.... of course in arp.... I dont think anyone would..... unless I was talking about a white person......lol

But then some here would.....just in an attempt to get my in trouble..... cause we all know some of you guys are still stuck back in junior high....lol
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    http://todaynews.today.com/_news/201...taxpayers?lite

Allow the people the freedom to think and act and they will find solutions without government and in spite of government.
    School districts are in fact governments.

Police Departments are entities of local governments.

Interesting government solution!

Crime is always an unpredictable thing. It can happen anywhere at any time. If we knew when and where it would occur we could have an armed officer present ahead of time but it does not work that way. We could hire and train many thousands of more officers and place them all over the place. However, I don't think we want to live in a police state with officers nearly everywhere. I do not.

Given the numbers of schools and the rare (but real) chance of school shootings I just don't agree with (and I am an NRA member) placing police officers in every school. Perhaps in some high risk schools but not all schools.

However, I am in favor of removing the "gun free zones" from schools and allowing willing and trained teachers and administrators to carry concealed firearms. That solution can work.

Hugh B

They have had cops in the schools around here for like 15 years.

I still think the best deterrent is to have multiple concealed carry permitted weapons on site at all times. Post signs to that effect and a bad guy will go shopping elsewhere.

If a bad guy takes out the cop, then the rest are at the mercy of the bad guy..................unless you have other's on site who are armed. More and more law enforcement agencies are encouraging the public to arm stating they simply can NOT protect the public. http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice...ship-mandatory

The deterrent has worked great in Kennesaw, Ga.

It's very common to see cops napping in the parking lot of schools around here. To ask them to get out of their air-conditioned car and actually go around and interact with people and watch what's going on would be too much for us to ask of them. Unless there is an opportunity for them to write a ticket or citation for something...
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Would you really want your kids relying on lib teachers and administrators with guns......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Would you really want your kids relying on lib teachers and administrators with guns......
    When I attended the police academy I went through a number of interviews as well as a psychological evaluation. During the academy classes the instructors get to know you and each instructor notes their opinion of each students mental fitness.

The same process on a smaller scale could be used to process and train teachers for CC in schools. This is not that difficult to figure out. The schools that have been allowing armed teachers and administrators for years now have not had any big problems with armed staff.

I have no problem with armed teachers, administrators or even parents with CC permits at school events. My son attends a private school and my wife, daughter and I attend school events armed on a regular basis. I also personally know of several other parents who carry in the school and at events and we have had conversations about it. And, yes it is legal where I live and the school administration is well aware of which of us is apt to be carrying.