Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hiking boots are great for summer. Better protection than running shoes but not as bulky as work boots.

I have a pair of Rockport work boots. Very comfortable to work in.

In residential work, I wear New Balance 608's... strong body shoe, yet not hot. I would get a conservative color sceme rather than something which labelled you as.... well....
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I've worn these for a couple of years now. You can pick em up at Famous Footwear.

Most comfortable work shoe I have ever worn. Slips on, has gel sole inside

Dr. Scholl's Work Men's TX Winder Non Slip

Dress like a real tech. Work boots. Work pants shirt tucked in well groomed. Be a big sponge and suck up all the field experience you can.

Safety toe work boots, preferably waterproof and laced up tight. Have prevented more injuries than a comfortable pair of Nikes would ever be worth to me.

work boots but i did sheet metal work for a long time

Work boots. Go to a place that has a GOOD selection of those and try every model (as long as they support your ankle) until you determine which is the most comfortable pair, standing and walking. Price doesn't matter. Invest in aftermarket inserts (I bought a set specifically designed for hard surfaces, $20ish @Wally's) and if your feet get hot and sweaty like mine, use a foot powder deodorant - apply after you take them off when you get home.

i wear tank boots, they have the ankle support, but have zippers up the side so are easy to take on and off.

i dont recomend anyone wear steel toed boots.
    #1 ice cold in the winter, and they seem to retain the cold, its a nightmare
    #2 if you drop something large enough to need steel toed boots on your feet its large enough to make the steel toe CUT OFF your toes.
    I would rather have broken toes than have chopped off toes.

ask at a supply house if anyone knows what a 'toe mower' is ;-)

ALSO: i wouldnt polish the boots. i was polishing my boots when i was in service, trying to look very clean. good crease in uniform pants, shiny boots, etc. well, working on a furnace in a heater closet off a kitchen with a vinyl floor my boots left black marks. luckily i buffed out the black marks, but it made me be aware of leaving marks, and i aLWAYS wore booties after that, and you dont need to polish your boots if you wear plastic booties.

Safety boots also come with composite toes, so it doesn't have to be steel. On the job, there are plenty of things you can drop that a safety boot can protect you from, like a compressor or a length of 2" black iron pipe. They typically have soles that are puncture resistant, slip resistant and may have electrical resistance rating too. You're not putting food on your table or making your boss money if you're down with an injury

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    I wear flip flops year round in the heat, the cold and in the snow. There easy to take on and off, don't seem to make tracks and they make my toes feel nice in the sand
    I was going to go with bare feet because I don't like tan lines, but I like yours better.

I wear these, my injured big toe from the day a 1/3HP motor fell out of the bottom of the box 20 or so years ago is a constant reminder.

http://www.catfootwear.com/US/en-US/...ford-Work-Shoe

They are also orthotic if you have heel spurs, etc. But a rookie like the OP probably will not have them problems yet?

I know they are made in China, but if the China-man can make a boot that dont hurt my feet, I will wear them.

Yeah, but protect your feet, hands, eyes, ears, etc.

I also wear these in the winter http://www.catfootwear.com/US/en-US/...t?dimensions=0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12