Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just got my first AC residential job!

AND I am wondering what kind of shoes does everyone wear? My employer said i can wear either boots or just a pair of regular shoes. Im wondering if a pair of running shoes or something like that is good enough? Im eventually gonna try both boots and a pair of regular shoes out but i would like to know what is good and what i should stay away from.
    Thanks ahead of time folks!

Boots for certain with EH rating and safety toe. I like a taller lace up boot to keep from breaking my ankle if I step wrong, which seems to happen frequently.

residential job? I'd run down to the local army surplus store and pick up a pair of used combat boots for 30 bucks.

I wear my slip on steel toes when I wear jeans and hiking shoes when I wear shorts or its insanely hot. Water proof is a good idea for shoes. I don't recommend running shoes, they get slippery on rafters.

Combat boots? i havent thought of those. My brother is in the USMC so maybe i can bother him for a pair if i end up liking the ones from the surplus store. Any tips for a rookie starting out on his first day? I dont really know what to expect I use to lay sod with my dad so i know i can work in the sun i just like to know what im in for

French Settlement, Louisiana, United States
    I wear regular new balance shoes. Tried boots but to uncomfortable to bend down in. Lot of attic work here in the south and to hot for boots.

I wear Timberland Pros and I love them. Really comfortable and lightweight.

Slip on Georgia boots, I hate tying shoes. Also wear Nike tennis shoes sometimes.

I wear flip flops year round in the heat, the cold and in the snow. There easy to take on and off, don't seem to make tracks and they make my toes feel nice in the sand

I'm a commercial guy. I wear Redwings with composite toes year round.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

It was working when I left...
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Anybody doing any work on my house i want to see boots.

Boots only way to go. Nothing like stepping into a whole and busting your ankle.

I wear Vibram military steel toe. I get a new pair issued every year, national guard, and usually get 2 years out of them. Made as a jungle boot but with a steel toe. Light weight and very very durable. Never had any brand name high dollar boot last more then a year. I keep a pair of meta tars in the truck for some places I work but 95% of the time I wear my army steel toe. Love them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast