Alerton integration into JCI NAE

Hello all,

I did a search but couldn't find anything- I may be blind. I've mapped Alerton Bacnet / IP devices into NAE's without issue. However- anytime I try to use an interlock that looks at a point in another NAE- certain Alerton devices go offline. These same devices go offline no matter where the interlock is at. If the interlock is looking solely at points in the interlock's NAE- everything is stable.

The device instances are all unique. I've tried different network numbers and uniform network numbers- same issue. We are at 5.2.10.

JCI says it is because the Alerton BCM's do not have unique addressing. It seems to me the Alerton stuff would have issues if this were the case.

Any ideas?

So do the BCM's have unique address's?
    UA Local 141

So the BCMS are all pulling in devices to it then you are pulling in the BCM to the NAE's??????
    UA Local 141

Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    So the BCMS are all pulling in devices to it then you are pulling in the BCM to the NAE's??????
    So, I have all devices that are on the BCMs and the VLXs mapped. When I put in an interlock, it kills the VLXs only, the BCMs stand loud and proud. All devices have unique id's.

Next step that I can tell is to put on wire shark and see what the NAEs are spitting out.

JCI seems to do some proprietary stuff on the BACnet wire (between it's own). Alerton may choke on that. We have Alerton on a separate UDP port (not 47808 / BAC0). That way Alerton doesn't have to listen to it. It does mean we have a separate gateway for integration. I don't know the history or details, but that might have something to do with it.

The BCM is a bacnet router type device IP to MSTP? The BCMs themselves have unique device id on the ethernet side. I have not seen a BCM my self I am assuming
    UA Local 141

Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    The BCM is a bacnet router type device IP to MSTP? The BCMs themselves have unique device id on the ethernet side. I have not seen a BCM my self I am assuming
    Correct on all accounts I believe. The VLXs seem to be similar to a JCI NCE. I was talking to the local Alerton rep today and he was saying the older VLXs had issues dropping out if the traffic is heavy. Apparently that was resolved with the VLX platinum series?

Update.. I've found 2 BBMD devices on the Alerton side. My theory is that the BBMD's are broadcasting everytime I have an interlock that is looking for something. What is strange is that all devices are on the same subnet- so I have no idea why they need one BBMD much less two. I'm going to the site today to see if I can find anything. It's at the point now where I have to "make it work".

Bad doo doo
    How did you find them?

Update on this-

The 2 BBMD's removed didn't help. Apparently the older VLX's were suseptable to comm problems and the NAE's were pinging them to death with the interlocks, so they would drop out. Our solution has been to take out the VLX's and add FEC's.