HVAC/R trade in my area?

When I look up HVAC/R trades in my area for apprenticeship all I can find is Refrigeration Mechanic.

-Read and interpret blueprints, drawings or other specifications.
    -Measure and lay out reference points for installation.
    -Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components using hand and power tools.
    -Measure and cut piping, and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment.
    -Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices.
    -Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance.

What about heating, ventilation?

http://www.saskapprenticeship.ca/des...tion-mechanic/

What kind of math, science, communication is expected for the entrance exam?

It looks like a well rounded course to me. The heating and ventilation are incorporated in the HVAC/R term. As far as your entry exam, i would expect the usual math like, adding, subtraction, division, multiplication, etc. You can find sample exams if you dig hard enough. Once you get into the class, you will learn about the science of the refrigeration cycle. Don't worry about the mechanic term, verses tech., as most of my early job descriptions only used the mechanic term. It all means the same thing, you install, troubleshoot, and repair equipment.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by lzenglish View Post
    It looks like a well rounded course to me. The heating and ventilation are incorporated in the HVAC/R term. As far as your entry exam, i would expect the usual math like, adding, subtraction, division, multiplication, etc. You can find sample exams if you dig hard enough. Once you get into the class, you will learn about the science of the refrigeration cycle. Don't worry about the mechanic term, verses tech., as most of my early job descriptions only used the mechanic term. It all means the same thing, you install, troubleshoot, and repair equipment.

Wayne
    Thanks